Accounts Payables Controller
Jobs at:Mabiza Resources Limited
Deadline of this Job:
04 February 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, February 01, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Accounts Payables Controller
Mabiza Resources Limited (“Mabiza”) operates the Munali Nickel Mine (“Munali”), which is located in Mazabuka District, 75kms south of Lusaka, Zambia. Mabiza is a wholly owned entity of Consolidated Nickel Mines Ltd.
The Mine is a modern, world-class facility with fully mechanized underground operations. To support this vision. Mabiza is seeking the services of an experienced and qualified individual to take up the position of:
Role: Accounts Payables Controller
Reporting: Senior Accountant – Finance
• Manage the Accounts Payable function and all the AP-related processes of the Company.
• Analyze and maintain Accounts Payable performance metrics, service relationships, and communications across departments.
• Review supplier invoices and supporting documents against invoice processing checklist in order to establish completeness and validity of details.
• Match supplier invoices to purchase orders before processing to ensure consistency and identify errors/discrepancies/irregularities for prompt resolution.
• Provide appropriate responses to suppliers’ queries/ issues and escalate unresolved issues to the Senior Accountant, as required.
• Perform reconciliation of suppliers’ sub-ledger accounts to the general ledger every month.
• Perform reconciliation with Suppliers’ records against the Company’s AP register.
• Recommend updates to existing invoice processing policies and procedures for efficiencies.
• Maintain an accurate and up-to-date record of all invoices received from suppliers/ vendors.
• Maintain aging report of debt and outstanding payments to suppliers.
• Maintain a comprehensive record of all approved invoices, bills and payment supports.
• Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of invoices and staff advance/ retirement documentation.
• Prepare periodic activity reports for the attention of the Head, Accounting including information on outstanding payments to suppliers, approved invoices, etc.
• Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Senior Accountant.
Skills & Qualifications: –
• Full Grade Twelve Certificate with credits or better in English and Mathematics.
• Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Accounting or a related discipline.
• Professional certification from a recognized body (e.g. CA Zambia, CIMA, ACCA) will be an added advantage.
• Minimum of five (5) years relevant work experience.
Mining experience will be added advantage.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Job application procedure
MRL offers equal employment opportunities. If you are ready to take up this opportunity, e-mail or post your CV with a full application letter. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please apply to Human Resources Business Partner Mabiza Resources Limited P.O. 50799 LUSAKA Or email your application and C.V. to: email@example.com Closing Date: 4th February 2022.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.