Administrative Assistant – Driver
Jobs at:Absa Group
Deadline of this Job:
28 February 2022
Date Posted: Friday, February 18, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Administrative Assistant – Driver
With over 100 years of rich history and strongly positioned as a local bank with regional and international expertise, a career with our family offers the opportunity to be part of this exciting growth journey, to reset our future and shape our destiny as a proudly African group.
The Driver provides reliable and safe driving services to the Managing Director and visitors ensuring the highest standards of discretion and integrity, sense of responsibility, excellent knowledge of protocol and security issues. The Drivers also demonstrates a client-oriented approach, courtesy, confidentiality, tact and ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds. Additionally, s/he drives the office vehicles for transporting authorized personnel and delivery/collection of mail, documents and other items for Absa Bank Zambia Plc.
Major Activities/Expected Results
• Drives Managing Director and staff. Ensures provision of reliable and safe driving services by a) driving office vehicles for the transport of Managing Director, officials and visitors and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items, and meeting official personnel and visitors at the airport including visa and customs formalities arrangement when required.
• Ensures cost-savings through proper use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, provision of inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports.
• Ensures proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes and water levels, car washing, etc. so that the vehicle is always kept clean and in good running condition.
• Ensures proper use of vehicle maintenance plans and assistance in preparing vehicle history report.
• Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle registration, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts in the assigned vehicle.
• Keeps track of vehicle insurance and other tax formalities.
• Ensures that the steps required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in an accident.
• When necessary, translates in local language for the head of the office and/or official personnel using the car.
• Assists office staff in filing, photocopying and maintaining stores when required. Assists in the mailing and distribution of newsletters and publications and arranges to pay office telephone and other bills, as required.
• Facilitate arrival and departure of visitors by assisting in immigration and customs formalities.
• Performs other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
Education: Completed Secondary Level education.
Further Education and Training Certificate (FETC): Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Professional Certificate
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.