Artisan, Auto Electrician
Jobs at:First Quantum Careers
Deadline of this Job:
Thursday, May 04 2023
Date Posted:Thursday, May 04 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
job requisition id
At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
To provide skills and knowledge in order to move and or remove and fit plant equipment on request of
the end user to ensure plant availability is kept high as possible. The successful candidate will follow
all safety procedures on a continual basis for as long as the work load dictates
The holder of this position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies,
procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as
finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to
the level of the role and responsibilities of the function;
1. Carry out planned maintenance jobs as MMS Standard and work order completion
2. Keep Equipment available for use by inspecting and testing vehicles; completing
3. preventive maintenance such as, engine tune-ups, oil changes, and replacing filters.
4. Maintain vehicle functional condition by listening to operator complaints; conducting
5. inspections; repairing engine failures ; repairing mechanical ; replacing parts and
7. Verify vehicle serviceability by conducting test drives ; adjusting controls and systems.
8. Compile with state vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety, and combustion
9. control standards.
10. Maintain vehicle appearance by cleaning after maintenance.
11. Maintain vehicle records by recording service and repairs.
12. Keep shop Equipment operating by following operating instructions ; troubleshooting
13. breakdowns ; maintaining supplies ; performing preventive maintenance ; calling for
15. Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock ; placing orders ; verifying receipt.
16. Adhere to all standard instructions at all times
17. Must be self-motivated, sober minder character
18. Must exercise good time management at all times
19. Must exercise high level of discipline
20. Must always be co-operative and communicative
21. Must be safety conscious at all times
22. Other duties as instructed by the Supervisor
1. Minimum of a Grade 12
2. Craft Certificate from recognised institution
3. A member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ)
1. A minimum of 3 years relevant experience as an Auto Mechanic
2. Bold initiative
3. Thinking safely
4. Upholding quality
5. Technical Skill
6. Driving quantity
7. Driving attendance
1. Standby and overtime where required
2. Exposure to noise / dust
3. Working at heights
4. Working in confined spaces
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Professional Certificate
Job application procedure
click here to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.