Jobs at:First Quantum Careers
Deadline of this Job:
Sunday, April 30 2023
Date Posted:Sunday, April 30 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
job requisition id
1. At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
2. Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
3. Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
To Install and maintain all plant and Equipment encompassed within the Materials Handling and Filter Plant Area, under the general guidance of the section’s supervisor.
This position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
The holder of the position will be required to Carry out Preventive and Corrective Maintenance activities in the Material Handling and Filter Plant Sections. The Maintenance tasks will include but not limited to :
1. Maintaining all material Belt Conveyors including Tripper Cars.
2. Hot splicing of conveyor belt joints as well as mechanical splicing
3. Maintaining of Crushing Plant.
4. Maintaining Schenk and Metso Vibrating Screens.
5. Maintaining concentrate Reclaimers.
6. Maintenance of Overhead Grab Cranes.
7. Maintaining Material Weigh Feeder Conveyors.
8. Maintaining of services piping networks (water, slurry and plant air)
9. Identifying equipment defects, troubleshooting and rectification of identified defects
1. Minimum of a Grade 12.
2. Craft Certificate or equivalent in Mechanical Fitting
3. EIZ Certification
4. Belt Splicing Qualification will be an added advantage
1. Minimum 5 years’ experience in the maintenance of Material Handling and Conveying Plant.
2. Knowledge of procedures for routine inspection and maintenance of Plant equipment.
3. Minimum of 5 years of active conveyor belt hot splicing works.
4. Knowledge of the safety requirements when working with hot splicing equipment and tooling
5. Knowledge of the safety requirements when working with Material handling equipment
6. Larox Filter Plant experience would be an added advantage.
2. Bold Initiative
3. Thinking Safety
4. Upholding Quality
5. Good Technical Skills
6. Driving Quantity
7. Driving Attendance
8. Good Hand-on experience
9. Dynamic, Driven, Smart
1. Standby work required
2. Overtime when necessary
3. Exposure to dust, heat, and noise
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Professional Certificate
Job application procedure
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.