Vacancy title: Assistant Accountant – Receivables, Payroll & Compliance[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Manufacturing , Category: Accounting & Finance ]
Jobs at:Superior Milling Company Limited
Deadline of this Job:
31 July 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Reporting and Job Purpose
Reporting to the Financial Accountant – Reporting & Compliance, shall be responsible for proper maintenance of all receivables accounting records, accurate processing of transactions and reconciliations, processing of general payroll, and proper filing of records among other related duties.
(a) Control environment
• Capture accounting entries into the business systems.
• Review assigned general ledger balance sheet account reconciliations, including tax accounts; and selected bank reconciliations.
• Ensure transactions are carried out in accordance with the accounting policies, procedures, laws, and regulations.
(b) Business planning and financial analysis
• Channel profitability analysis.
• Promote programs for maximizing shareholder value.
(c) Risk management
• Report risk events.
(d) Financial management, financial reporting, and MIS
• Render statements of account to customers.
• Coordinate periodic stock counts and inventory valuation.
• Provide timely, accurate analysis of budget variance and financial reports.
(e) Legal compliance
• Track compliance with all tax reporting requirements including income tax, value added tax, employment taxes, social security contributions, NHIMA, PACRA, and Workers Compensation.
• Track changes in tax and other relevant laws and advises management on their impact.
• Maintain statutory records files.
i. Diploma in Accounting & Finance or related field; enrolled in ACCA; CGMA or CA.
ii. Minimum of 2 years of finance, accounting, audit, and tax.
iii. Solid experience in coordinating audit activities, reporting, and budget development.
iv. Proficiency with PASTEL or other accounting software and excellent Excel skills.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Interested applicants meeting the above-mentioned requirements should send their job application, CV, and supporting documents as a single document by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for receiving all applications is 31st July 2022.
Note that ONLY shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.