Assistant Accountant- Accounts Payable
Jobs at:Beit Cure Children's Hospital
Deadline of this Job:
Tuesday, November 14 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, November 01 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Ensure effective collection and accounting of the hospital’s revenue and facilitate the smooth running of the hospital activities by timely availing of requested cash and ensure proper accountability of the requested funds
1.Bank Account Maintenance – Regularly updates the bank accounts with bank transactions.
2. Utilizes internet banking system, ensures accounts are ready for reconciliation in a timely manner.
3. Actively involved in creating and maintaining an internal control system.
4.Make all direct payment through – Cheque and transfers
5.Do payables to creditors and do the reconciliation.
6.Handle all issues relating payment by cheques, EFT, RTGS or Direct transfer.
7.Acts as a back-up person for the Cashier, or other accountants in their absence.
8.Performs data entry of all accounting information into the computer system as directed.
9.Manages the staff medical bills deductions, making available their balances as requested.
10.Ensures accurate posting of the same for payroll information.
11. Receives all accounts payable related correspondence and files systematically.
12.Facilitate payment of payroll taxes and other deductions.
13. Responsible for ensuring that all documents are filed according to agreed standards
14.Handles all issues of quality within the department as per the Hospital quality standards.
15. Prepare Withholding Tax deductions, facilitate filling of returns and remittance of deduction on timely manner.
16. Main proper files for all records.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The list of duties above is not exhaustive; you may be required to perform other duties as assigned to you by your superiors
Please note this position description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
1. Accounting Skills
2. Computer Skills
3. High integrity, good character.
4. Good professionalism and work ethics.
5. Ability to prioritise responsibilities.
6. Strong sense of responsibility.
1. Communication Skills – Able to take responsibility for actions and outcomes and persist despite obstacles; demonstrate dependability in difficult circumstances and show a sense of urgency about getting results.
2. Decision Making & Problem Solving – Able to act in solving problems while exhibiting judgment and a realistic understanding of issues; able to use reason, even when dealing with emotional topics; review facts and weigh options.
3. Integrity – Ability to be tactful, maintain confidences, and foster an ethical work environment; prevent inappropriate behavior by coworkers; give proper credit to others; handle all situations honestly.
• Grade 12 School Certificate
ZICA II, ACCA II, CIMA II or its equivalent
Must be a ZICA member (valid membership license)
At least 3 years’ experience in payable function
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must perform all duties in conformance to appropriate safety and security standards. The noise level in the work environment is usually low.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
• The employee must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 0 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
• While performing the duties of this position, the employee is required to:
• Frequently sit, talk and hear
• Occasionally walk, reach with hands and arms, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months:
Level of Education: Professional Certificate
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.