Assistant Revenue Accountant
Jobs at:Road Transport and Safety Agency (RTSA)
Deadline of this Job:
04 February 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, February 02, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Government of the Republic of Zambia adopted a robust transport policy in the year 2002. As a consequence, the Road Transport and Safety Agency (RTSA) was established through an Act of Parliament; the Road Traffic Act No. 11 of 2002. RTSA has the mandate to implement Government policy on road safety and transport management.
The following vacancy now exist for suitably qualified and experienced persons:
Assistant Revenue Accountant - RTSA5 (1 position)
Purpose of the Job
To ensure that financial, clerical and administrative support so as to provide efficient, timely and accurate revenue records and to supervise the Revenue Monitoring Officers
Duties and Responsibility
• Ensures that all reconciling items are resolved with respect to Commercial banks, Bank of Zambia and RTSA stations.
• Records the revenue collected as per RTSA Finance and Administration Procedures Manual and process revenue reports on a timely basis as received from the respective station return schedules.
• Reconciles the entries in the revenue Cash books to the source accountable documents so that they balance and ensure that all accountable documents are in order. Supervises data entry for cash receipts, Cash books, deposits and credit memo for accuracy and completeness.
• Ensures that all cash, cheques etc. are deposited in safes and that the revenue collected is banked on a daily basis in accordance with RTSA Finance and Administration Procedures Manual and that loss or theft of fund is immediately reported to the relevant authorities.
• Undertakes spot checks to ensure that: revenue collected has been banked intact; accountable documents have not been misplaced; and revenue entries have been posted correctly.
• At the end of each month, prints a station report on revenue to identify overdue funds held in commercial banks for follow up purposes as well as reconciliation purposes with the Bank of Zambia to determine the reasons for non-transfer of funds to Bank of Zambia within the stipulated period. The report must be forwarded to the Head of Finance and Administration for comment.
• Undertakes routine revenue monitoring work to stations to ensure revenue collection system operates as per RTSA Administration Procedures Manual and Financial regulations.
• At the end of every month, ensures collection of bank statements for all revenue bank accounts and conduct monthly bank reconciliation. Investigates all anomalies resulting from the bank reconciliation.
• Reviews the daily cash collection reports from revenue collectors and consolidates these into a monthly collection report. Prepares other period revenue reports and submit to the Revenue Accountant together with bank reconciliation statements.
• Ensures that all revenue receipt books and other accountable documents are properly stored. Also ensures that all such documents are used sequentially and follows up on any missing documents.
• Collects serial numbers of cash posting slips and general receipts issued to each station and verifies them against the documents returned from field.
• Ensures that is sufficient stock of accountable documents, banking slips, ledger sheets and other necessary documents are available at all times for easy operation of the Agency.
• Check that the revenue recorded in the cash books are as per source documents.
• Monitor the usage of all accountable documents allocated to revenue centres by checking the Accountable document usage registers maintained at the stations with the records at monitoring unit and report on any discrepancies highlighted.
• Conducts spot checks on revenue officers in stations to ensure that cash collections are not used for private purposes;
• Conduct bank reconciliations on all MOF-RTSA Revenue transit accounts held with various commercial banks and report on transactions not in line with the Service Level Agreement signed between the Banks and Ministry of Finance.
• Update and report on the stock levels of all accountable documents to the supervisor to trigger management action for stocks that need re-ordering.
• Prepare variation reports whenever accountable documents are transferred between stations to enable the Agency report to the controlling Officer at Ministry Transport and logistics as per Financial Regulation.
• Conduct station visits at intervals to check on compliance to RTSA Finance and Administration manual and Financial Regulations.
• Trains and supervises the staff under him/ her in every aspect of accounts and periodically rotate duties among staff.
• Ensures full compliance to all the provisions contained in the RTSA Finance and Administration Procedures Manual.
• Grade twelve certificate
• Degree in Accountancy or minimum Level 2 professional qualifications e.g ACCA/ CIMA
• 2 years’ experience in a similar position
• Member of Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested applicants should submit their application letters, detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of academic & professional Qualifications to the following address;
The Head Human Resource & Administration
Road Transport & Safety Agency
Scanned copies shall be accepted provided all required documents are attached and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for receiving applications is 4th February, 2022
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.