Vacancy title: Compliance Officer[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Public Administration, and Government , Category: Admin & Office ]
Jobs at:Republic of Zambia (Ministry of Health)
Deadline of this Job:
29 August 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, August 23, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Provincial Health Office, Western Province with support from US Centre for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has been implementing programs to improve the management of TB. STIs and HIV/AIDS care services in the Province since 2006. To further strengthen the programs, WPHO is inviting applications from interested persons who meet the minimum requirements to fill the above vacant position on contract basis subject to renewal
LOCATION: Provincial Health Office
REPORTS TO: Principal investigator
JOB PURPOSE: The Job holder will be responsible for supporting the operations of the project to ensure adherence to regulatory standards and donor regulations to help ensure effective delivery of high-quality implementation of programs in the Province.
• Develop and monitor the implementation of project policies and procedures.
• Conduct periodic intemal reviews and investigations of compliance issues, to ensure that procedures are followed.
• Maintain documentation of compliance activities, such as complaints received or investigation outcomes.
• Review documentation, such as procurement records, to ensure there are no violations of standards or regulations.
• Provide employee training on compliance related topics, policies, or procedures.
• Perform and control the full audit cycle on risk management and control management over operations effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations
• Determine internal audit scope and develop annual plans Obtain, analyze and evaluate accounting documentation, previous reports, data, flowcharts etc Prepare and present reports that reflect audit's results and document process on compliance
• Act as an objective source of independent advice to ensure validity, legality and goal achievement
• Identify loopholes and recommend risk aversion measures and cost savings
• Maintain open communication with management and audil commillee
• Document process and prepare audit findings memorandum
• Conduct follow up audits to monitor management's interventions
• Engage to continuous knowledge development regarding sector's rules,
• Regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance slondords
• Recommend resolution of compliance challenges or abrogation
• Full grade 12 School Certificate with five (51 Levels
• Must be between the age of 21 and 45 years
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or other relevant Degrees strongly preferred in Accounting
• Master's will be an added advantage
• Must have four (4) years of relevant traceable experience in PEPFAR Programs, of which a minimum of two years entailing audit, compliance or risk management experience. Knowledge of audit standards and compliance regulations and familiarity with international standards for internal control and risk and compliance management
• Knowledge of GRZ and/or USG financial regulations
• Ability to write technical papers and reports clearly in English
• Ability to communicate fluently in English and local languages
• Other skills/Attributes: Computer literate, Managerial skills, good Interpersonal relations, ability to use initiative and trustworthiness.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Instructions for submission of applications The applicants meeting the above job specifications and competencies should apply enclosing their application letter, detailed curriculum vitae. Photocopies of NRC, professional and academic qualifications and any other relevant documents.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. A One (1) year contract will be offered to successful candidate subject to renewal depending on satisfactory performance and availabllity of funds. Clearly mark on top of the envelope the position you are applying for. Closing date is Monday, 29th August 2022.
Address applications to:
The Provincial Health Director
Provincial Health Office
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.