Finance & Admin Assistant
Jobs at:African Parks Zambia
Deadline of this Job:
08 May 2022
Date Posted: Monday, May 02, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Position Title: Finance & Admin Assistant
Reports to: Financial Controller (FC)
Location: Liuwa Plain National Park
Type of contract: Fixed term
Assist the Financial Accountant in day-to-day operations of the accounting and finance function, including but not limited to compliance, controls, donor and partner management, reporting, budgets and staff capacity building. Ensure that all financial compliance and audit requirements are met while ensuring that all financial data is accurately entered into the African Park financial system. He/she will provide support and advice to senior management, budget managers on donor compliance issues and budget monitoring. The incumbent will oversee the timely completion of the management accounts and their distribution to budget holders, and prepare draft financial and budget reports for review by the Financial Controller in accordance with the African Park cycle.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
1. The Finance and Admin Assistant is responsible for the efficient and effective operation and maintenance of the company’s day-to-day financial and accounting operations as well as regular reports (weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual) and year-end.
2. Budgets and budget revisions according to the relevant budget cycle.
3. Monitor the timely submission of budgets by budget holders and undertake the revision of budget submissions to confirm that they reflect as accurately as possible the financial impact of the proposed activities.
4. Help consolidate finalized budget data in the standard budget file.
5. Generate revised budget codes based on the revised budget.
6. Ensure that appropriate and up-to-date classification and documentation of budget information in paper and electronic form is in place.
7. Financial Reporting Pack according to the Concern Reporting Cycle
8. Assist the FC during the preparation of the Financial Report by producing a draft report for review with the Regional Financial Manager.
9. Help respond to headquarters comments on the Financial Reporting Pack (FRP).
10. Correctly classify the final FRP after feedback, both on paper and electronically.
11. Undertake a periodic joint (at least quarterly) review of the management accounts with budget holders on the basis of agreed arrangements.
12. Review of transactions processed by accountants/cashiers.
13. Processing of wages, etc.
14. Monthly reconciliations for the closure of accounts.
15. Bi-annual asset verification.
Donor management (budgeting, reporting, archiving)
1. Ensure that all relevant donor directives, policies, circulars and procedures are readily available, streamlined and adhered to during grant planning, implementation and closure.
2. Liaise with programs and prepare/update a schedule of all reports to be submitted during the year. Ensure donor reports are prepared on time.
3. Participate in the joint periodic review of donor relations with budget holders, as planned.
4. Perform budget eligibility tests against donor guidelines/requirements when developing the new budget.
5. Represent the finance department in the process of developing new proposals/budgets.
6. Ensure that there is appropriate and up-to-date documentation and documentation, in both paper and electronic form, regarding the budget and donor reports.
• Diploma in Accounting or related field and 5 years of experience, or Degree and 2 year of experience. (ACCA, CIMA or ZICA will be added advantage)
• Must be a register member of ZICA.
• Previous experience with any Donor-funded programs or External Audit.
• Results-oriented and focused, with the ability to follow guidelines and controls required of the position.
• Budgeting, financial analysis, and MS Excel skills required.
• Proficiency with accounting software.
• Demonstrated team player with effective cross-cultural interpersonal skills.
• Ability to follow guidelines and controls required of the position.
• High level of integrity and impeccable record in previous accounting positions.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.