Jobs at:Electoral Commission of Zambia,
Deadline of this Job:
08 July 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, June 22, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Purpose of the job
To oversee cash flow and overall finances of the Commission. To prepare, control and manage the Commissions budgets, and ensure implementation of Commission’s financial policies and procedures. To monitor the revenues and expenditures by ensuring that all payments are within the approved budgets and that funds are available as and when such payments are being made.
1. Maintains the Commission’s financial management information system to ensure all commitments and expenditure processes are performed in line with the Commission’s requirements and other relevant legislation.
2. Authorises payment requests and ensure conformity with Commission’s financial management policy and procedures and are within approved budget.
3. Maintains liaison with procurement unit to ensure that all payments are within the approved budgets and that funds are available before contracting suppliers of goods and services.
4. Prepares and communicates the payment plans to all head of departments.
5. Reviews and authorise bank reconciliation statements for all Commission bank accounts prepared on a monthly basis to ensure accuracy.
6. Check accounting records regularly and conduct spot checks to ensure that all receipts are banked promptly and imprests retired in accordance with Commission policy.
7. Scans the environment to identify investment opportunities for excess funds and make recommendations to Director Finance suitable options to add value to the Commission’s financial base.
8. Provides expenditure projections and assesses financial position and makes recommendations for prudent cash flow management.
9. Facilitates internal audits and ensures necessary documentation is provided for the Audit team to perform their work effectively and efficiently.
10. Ensure that the payroll is prepared correctly and on time, and that all relevant downstream accounting entries are correctly passed in the Accounting and financial management system.
11. Creates and maintains a high performance environment characterised by acceptable work ethics and strong team oriented practices.
12. Keeps abreast of developments in area of speciality and adhere to the ethics code of the profession.
13. Participate fully in planning, performance and other organisation-wide management practices as required.
14. Perform any other related duties that the supervisor may reasonably request from time to time.
Qualifications and experience
1. Full Grade Twelve (12) Certificate or its equivalent.
2. Degree in Accountancy or equivalent with full Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) or CA Zambia.
3. Masters of Business Administration or Equivalent will be an added advantage.
4. Must be a member of the Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA) and in possession of a valid practicing licence.
5. Four years relevant post qualification experience, two (2) of which must be at management level.
6. Experience in a quasi-government institution will be an added advantage.
7. Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
8. Knowledge of global trends in accounting and finance practice.
9. Knowledge of the Zambian Government Accounting practice.
10. Valid driving licence and accident-free personal driving experience in the last three years.
Personal attributes for the position
2. Honest and reliable with moral strength.
3. Innovative and proactive.
4. High degree of attention to detail.
5. High degree of integrity.
6. Tact and diplomacy.
7. Ability to work with minimum supervision.
Skills required for the position
1. Good inter-personal and communication skills.
2. Analytical, organizational and leadership skills.
3. Strong ICT Skills
4. Report writing and general written and oral presentation skills.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Professional Certificate
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should send their applications (clearly indicating the position of interest on the envelope) to the undersigned enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae with names of three (03) traceable referees including their contact phone numbers not later than 8th July, 2022.
The Chief Electoral Officer,
Electoral Commission of Zambia,
Elections House, Haile Selassie Avenue,
P.O. Box 50274,
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.