Jobs at:Western Water Supply and Sanitation Company Limited (WWSSC
Deadline of this Job:
07 February 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, January 25, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Western Water Supply and Sanitation Company Limited (WWSSC), providing water and sanitation services in Western province and regulated by National Water and Sanitation Council, invites suitably qualified and experienced individuals to apply for the following vacant positions based at the Corporate Office in Mongu.
To formulate and implement Company policies and strategies on all aspects of the financial management of the Company in order to ensure efficient and effective utilization of its financial resources; and ensure right management information is available to the Board, Managing Director and Senior Management and ensures adequate financial and accounting records and internal financial controls are established and maintained, and that all reporting requirements are met.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Develops and implements an effective financial management system that optimizes the Company’s financial resources and facilitates accurate measurement of performance
• Formulates and implements financial policies strategies and annual work plan
• Ensures preparation of the annual Corporate Budget and business plans to define management’s operating strategies within policy guidelines defined by the Board
• Ensures that adequate accounting records are maintained to ensure timely recording of all financial transactions undertaken by the Company
• Develops and implements adequate and effective internal control systems and procedures in order to safeguard and ensure sufficient security of Company assets
• Prepares the annual report and audited accounts for presentation to the Board
• Ensures timely Preparation of the Company’s monthly cash flows and periodic financial statements
• Prepares the financial annual accounts with all the necessary schedules for submission to external auditors
• Provides detailed analysis of financial performance in order to facilitate management decision making
• Undertakes cost analysis and participates in preparation of tariff review proposals and submits them to the Board and NWASCO for approval and preparation, respectively.
• Ensures effective creditor control and timely payment of employees, suppliers and contractors
• Ensures that statutory returns are filed on time and that the Company operates within the law
• Sources financial resources to meet CAPEX and other operational needs at competitive rates
• Ensures implementation of investment policies in line with Board policy guidelines to ensure acceptable returns are earned on all investment portfolios undertaken, including recommendation of divestment options identified to the Board
• Institutes sound and transparent purchasing procedures for both capital and routine items in order to realize value for money (VFM) for the Company
• Prepares monthly and other reports as required.
• Agrees, monitors and reviews performance of subordinates to ensure that they meet their performance objectives.
• Performs any other duties as assigned by the Managing Director and the Board from time to time.
• Full professional accounting qualification such as ACCA, CIMA and equivalent
• Member of ZICA
Minimum Relevant Pre- Job Experience/Age
• Minium of 5 years post experience in a reputable corporate environment
• Should be at least above thirty five (35) years of age.
Required Competencies/ Personal Qualities
• Very good knowledge of computers, able to handle accounting packages
• Good supervisory skills.
• Good Planning skills
• Good interpersonal skills
• Good analytical Skills.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates must submit their applications accompanied with detailed curriculum vitae certified professional certificates and names of three referees by 7th February 2022 to the following address.
The Managing Director
Western Water Supply and Sanitation Company Limited,
Plot # 6149,
P.O. Box 910445,
Or email to: email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to while the method and mode of conducting the interview will be communicated to the shortlisted candidates only.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.