Jobs at:Avencion Limited
Deadline of this Job:
04 April 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, March 23, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Finance Officer Job Advertisement
Position Title: Finance Officer (1 Position)
Reporting to: Director of Finance & Administration and The Finance Manager
Job Location: Lusaka
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• The Finance Officer will work with the Director of Finance & Administration and the Finance Manager to ensure payment requests received are correctly done by the procurement
• Execute transactions on an accurate and timely basis using the QuickBooks system
• To ensure that incurred costs are allowable, allocable, and reasonable in accordance with the USAID project and Avencion Limited cost principles.
• The Finance Officer will be responsible for inputting financial data in the accounting system as well as management of the financial records and reports on a monthly basis.
1. Technical Implementation
• Receive and review the legitimacy of payment requests from the procurement department and invoices directly from vendors to facilitate timely payment by the project;
• Prepare documentation for all payment transactions including but not limited to vouchers, checks, and Electronic Fund Transfers in the bank platform and ensure that appropriate documentation and approvals are obtained;
• Coding of all approved payment requests in accordance with the Project Chart of Accounts
• Booking of approved payments in QuickBooks;
• Reviewing and booking of training budget payments in the receivable account and process training expenditure retirements after the activity;
• Monitoring and processing of Transactions to ensure availability of funds for all program activities;
• Reviewing and processing monthly Petty cash reimbursements for Head Office and Revolving Fund reimbursements for all the Provincial offices;
• Coding all monthly statutory payroll-related payments
• Reviewing and processing staff travel advance requests and expense reports within stipulated timeframe;
• Maintain the project’s accounting filing system to ensure all vouchers are in order, properly completed and have bank slips/copy of proof of payment attached;
• Reviewing and scanning all accounting records monthly;
• Maintain the tax files for the project and keep proper records;
• Preparation of daily bank reconciliation statements to keep track of the finances for the project;
• Assisting the Finance Manager to prepare payroll for all Project staff;
• Providing advice on generally accepted accounting principles, USAID rules and regulations and Avencion regulations to staff and consultants, as necessary;
• Perform other general accounting duties as needed and other duties as may be assigned;
• Complying with all USAID, Avencion, project policies and procedures.
• Interact with bank and other officials on an as-needed basis;
• Perform other duties as required or assigned.
Minimum Education Qualifications, Experience and Competencies:
• MUST have previous hands-on work experience managing a USAID project upto to full reporting requirements.
• Must be a holder of an Accountancy profession, or any Finance related field;
• Bachelor of Accountancy would be an added advantage;
• 2 years of demonstrated experience and success;
• Must be a paid up member of the Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA);
• Demonstrated knowledge and work experience of USAID financial and management systems, rules, regulations and reporting requirements;
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
• Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity;
• Fluency in English required.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested Candidates follow the link to fill in your application;
Avencion Finance Office Application Form
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.