Jobs at:Chemonics International
Deadline of this Job:
09 March 2022
Date Posted: Monday, February 28, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Chemonics International Inc., Contractor for USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) ensures uninterrupted supplies of health commodities in support of USG-funded public health initiatives around the world. The project provides direct procurement and supply chain management support to the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and Population and Reproductive Health. In supporting USG-funded global health activities, PSM develops and manages a wide array of services for health commodity procurement and related systems strengthening technical assistance encompassing different elements of a comprehensive supply chain. The project seeks to recruit (on a one-year contract renewable) for the following position of:
Position Title: Finance Officer (1 Position)
Reporting: Accountant Principal Duties and Responsibilities
The Finance Officer will work with the Accountant to ensure payment request received are correctly done by procurement, execute transactions on an accurate and timely basis using the ABACUS system and to ensure that incurred costs are allowable, allocable and reasonable in accordance to the USAID cost principles. The Finance Officer will be responsible for inputting financial data in the accounting system as well as management of the financial records on a monthly basis.
• Receive and review legitimacy of payment requests from procurement department and invoices directly from vendors to facilitate timely payment by the project;
• Prepare documentation for all payment transactions including but not limited to vouchers, checks and Electronic Fund Transfers in Straight to bank and ensure that appropriate documentation and approvals are obtained;
• Coding of all approved payment requests in the Chemonics Field Office accounting-ABACUS-system;
• Booking of approved payments for expatriate staff house rentals and accompanying rental Withholding Taxes in Abacus system;
• Reviewing and booking of training budget payments in the receivable account and process training expenditure retirements after the activity;
• Monitoring and processing of the Zoona Transactions in the transit account to ensure availability of funds for all mobile based payments;
• Prepare Zoona payment batches, secure approvals and send SMS payment details to payees via the mobile transaction system;
• Reviewing and processing monthly Petty cash reimbursements for Head Office and Revolving Fund reimbursements for all the Provincial offices;
• Accepting Wire Transfers from Home Office and Booking in Abacus Accounting System;
• Coding all monthly statutory payroll-related payments and quarterly medical insurance payment in Abacus;
• Reviewing and processing staff travel advance requests and expense reports within stipulated timeframe;
• Maintain the project’s accounting filing system to ensure all vouchers are in order, properly completed and have bank slips/copy of checks attached;
• Reviewing and scanning all accounting records monthly;
• Maintain the tax files for the project and keep proper records;
• Preparation of daily bank reconciliation statements to keep track of the finances for the project;
• Assisting the Accountant to prepare payroll for all local Zambian staff;
• Providing advice on generally accepted accounting principles, USAID rules and regulations and Chemonics regulations to staff and consultants, as necessary;
• Perform other general accounting duties as needed and other duties as may be assigned;
• Complying with all USAID, Chemonics, and PSM project policies and procedures.
• Interact with bank and other officials on an as-needed basis;
• Perform other duties as required or assigned.
Minimum Education Qualifications, Experience and Competencies:
• Must be a holder of ACCA II, CIMA II, Diploma in Accountancy, or any Finance related field;
• Bachelor of Accountancy would be an added advantage;
• 2 years of demonstrated experience and success;
• Must be a paid member of the Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA);
• Demonstrated knowledge and work experience of USAID financial and management systems, rules, regulations and reporting requirements;
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills;
• Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity;
• Fluency in English required.
Location of assignment: Lusaka
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
Send electronic submissions of your CV, cover letter and highest necessary qualifications to PSMZambiaRecruitment@ghsc-psm.org by 5pm on Wednesday March 9, 2022. Please clearly include the position in the subject line of the email. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.