Finance and Administration Manager
Jobs at:Prospero Zambia
Deadline of this Job:
17 March 2022
Date Posted: Monday, March 14, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Title: Finance and Administration Manager
Location of assignment: Lusaka
Department: Finance and Administration
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Duration of contract: 2 Years
About Prospero Zambia
Prospero is a UKaid funded private sector development entity designed to incentivize investment in innovation that will change the way that market systems work and create new growth opportunities for MSMEs. We focus on the following high-growth potential sectors:
▪ Food and Agriculture: Increasing competitiveness and value of Zambian food products in end consumer markets.
▪ Mining and Mining Services: Increasing the sustainable and inclusive economic impact of mining in Zambia.
▪ Tourism and Hospitality: Increasing the value and proportion of tourist revenues captured by local businesses.
• Investment Services: Increasing access to sources of impact investment finance for growthoriented businesses
• Business Services: Increasing access to business services that support growth-oriented businesses.
We partner with leading private sector players, government agencies and business associations to design synergistic initiatives that support strong business model development, promote transformative financial services, attract quality investors and foster enabling business and investment environments. We work at the intersection of market system development and the impact investment ecosystem, recognizing that enterprise growth at scale requires access to substantial and sustainable sources of commercial finance.
Specific Context of the Role
The specific context for this role is:
The Finance and Administration Manager plays a vital role in managing the finance and administration functions at Prospero.
The Finance and Administration Manager is a member of the Senior Management Team and oversees the financial and administrative function of the Prospero in accordance with the activities and objectives set out in the Prospero business case.
The position also exists to provide management with accurate and timely information on the financial status and performance of the operations so that management can make informed decisions. The job ensures financial accountability and compliance with policies and statutory requirements. The job also provides oversight on administration functions of the organisation.
Scope of Work
• To monitor Prospero payment system, ensure the process is in compliance with Prospero and Donor policies and procedures, and paid timely.
• To manage all budgets by reporting burn rate for each sector and consolidate budgets for approval by the Management and Board and review of actual performance against the budgets.
• Undertake administrative procurement under the guidance procurement and compliance policies and procedures.
• Preparation of financial statements for audits and oversee the auditor work and submission of audit report to Prospero management.
• Participate in the Senior Management team meetings.
• Supervision of staff within the Finance and Administration Department.
Budgeting and Forecasting
• Liaise with all sector leads to prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual forecasts for submission to FCDO.
• Prepare annual and quarterly interventions and local operations expenses budget. Accounting
• Ensure the integrity of Prospero internal financial systems and monitoring compliance with all systems controls.
• Manage the overall accounting and recording of all project transactions and ensure complete records are available and kept in order.
• Process cheque requests and wire transfer requests for payments to Grantees, consultants, and vendors in compliance with contract requirements and the Project.
• Ensure payments are done in accordance with local tax requirements.
• Ensure consultant, grantee and vendor invoices stored safely
• Review all payments for procurement for goods, services, and grants have adequate documentation, approvals are present, and the spending is in line with finance and procurement guidelines.
• Review weekly bank and petty cash reconciliations reports and ensure they are done timely
• Ensure timely processing of local travel expense claims based on approval by the relevant manager.
• Ensure compliance with FCDO policies and regulations as outlined in the Finance Manual.
• Provide weekly and financial reporting to Management
• Assist in preparation of monthly management reporting to present to Senior Management
• Timely reporting to meet FCDO period reporting requirements as provided in the Accountable Grant Agreement.
Payroll and Benefits
• Provide monthly payroll information to external payroll firm and process payments to staff timely.
• Ensure payment is made to external firm for timely submission of PAYE, WHT, skills levy and NAPSA payments.
• Administer benefits plans for staff that are compliant with Zambian Labour law.
• Ensure that travel of local and international staff is managed efficiently and in accordance with prevailing policies;
• Supervise administration activities and staff and Information, Communication Technology (ICT)
• Supervise management office premises (electricity, water, and telephone bills)
• Supervise maintenance of the office, security, and transport.
• Ensure local contracts for vehicle and equipment’s maintenance are in place.
• Overseeing the management of fuel usage and Trip Logbooks for Prospero vehicles
• Oversee fixed asset management in accordance with the Prospero policies and regulations
Additional responsibilities as required in support of Prospero’s work:
• Cover for colleagues who are on leave or absent
• Duty to report any suspicion of fraud or unethical activity
• Any other tasks as requested by management
Qualifications and experience:
• A university degree in accounting (preferred) or Finance; preferably a Certified Chartered Accountant (ACCA) or equivalent. Masters/MBA a plus
• Approximately eight (8) or more years of professional experience, including 4 years at senior level of supporting international donor funded projects -such as UKAID/FCDO/USG- in an accountancy/finance role of a project or company having an annual budget of more than USD 5 million/GBP 4 million
• Evidence of supervision of finance and administration staff
• Must be a registered member of ZICA
The person should possess the following core skills
• Must have sound knowledge of computerized accounting, knowledge of SAGE 300 plus
• Should have broad organizational awareness
• Must have very good business understanding
• Must be cost consciousness
• Must have high level of integrity
• Must be familiarity with government financial regulations
• Must be computer literate in MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Power Point
The person should possess the following core competencies
• Strategic orientation
• Achievement orientation
• Analytical and conceptual thinking
• Organizational commitment
• Developing others
• Organizational awareness
• Interpersonal understanding
• Concern for order and quality
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
• Team leadership
• Able to work under pressure with minimum supervision
• High Ethical and moral values
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 96
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
We invite all interested candidates to submit the following documents:
• Curriculum Vitae (CV)
• Letter of Motivation outlining how your experience, skills, and professional networks fit with the required job description. Please clearly state your expected remuneration.
Please submit your application to email@example.com by March 17, 2022. Clearly state,
Finance and Administration Manager in the subject line.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.