Finance and Administration Officer
Jobs at:Prospero Zambia
Deadline of this Job:
17 March 2022
Date Posted: Monday, March 14, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Title: Finance and Administration Officer
Location of assignment: Lusaka
Department: Finance and Administration
Reports to: Finance and Administration Manager
Duration of contract: 2 Years
About Prospero Zambia
Prospero is a UKaid funded private sector development entity designed to incentivize investment in innovation that will change the way that market systems work and create new growth opportunities for MSMEs. We focus on the following high-growth potential sectors:
▪ Food and Agriculture: Increasing competitiveness and value of Zambian food products in end consumer markets.
▪ Mining and Mining Services: Increasing the sustainable and inclusive economic impact of mining in Zambia.
▪ Tourism and Hospitality: Increasing the value and proportion of tourist revenues captured by local businesses.
• Investment Services: Increasing access to sources of impact investment finance for growth oriented businesses
• Business Services: Increasing access to business services that support growth-oriented businesses.
We partner with leading private sector players, government agencies and business associations to design synergistic initiatives that support strong business model development, promote transformative financial services, attract quality investors and foster enabling business and investment environments. We work at the intersection of market system development and the impact investment ecosystem, recognizing that enterprise growth at scale requires access to substantial and sustainable sources of commercial finance.
3. Specific Context of the Role
The specific context for this role is:
The Finance and Administration Officer plays a vital role in supporting the finance and administration functions at Prospero. He/she will give support to the Finance and Administration Manager in the financial and operational functions of Prospero.
4. Scope of Work
The specific duties of the position are as follows:
Ensure that finance transactions are processed in a timely and accurate manner for all programme and operational expenses in accordance with finance manual and operations manuals and according to funding partner procurement and contractual obligations:
• Update and maintain all relevant cash books, ledgers in financial systems software.
• Conduct monthly bank reconciliations in a timely manner.
• Ensure monthly statutory compliance as required by Zambian financial authorities, submitting returns and payments in a timely manner.
• Set up online payments for approval.
• Prepare monthly payroll, ensuring payroll and statutory returns are submitted on time.
• Work in collaboration with the Procurement and Compliance team to ensure that settlements of all invoices/statements are processed in a timely manner.
• Manage account receivables and payables.
• Complete general ledger processing/maintenance as instructed by the Finance and Admin Manager, including journal entries and reconciliations.
• Maintain/file all financial records in an easily retrievable manner.
• Ensure financial information is recorded accurately, including those appropriate aggregations to budget lines and monthly spending reports are accurate and prepared in a timely manner.
• Assist the Finance and Admin Manager in the preparation of budgets.
• Assist the Finance and Admin Manager in providing staff with financial information and reports they need to help them monitor their budgets.
• Assist in the implementation of finance systems and controls, to ensure policies and procedures are complied with.
• Assist the Finance and Admin Manager in preparation of year-end audits, compliance reporting, engagement with the fiduciary services provider, and reviews of policies and procedures for necessary updates.
General office operations
• Provide operational support to management and staff as required.
• Prepare reports, and relevant data in prescribed formats.
Additional responsibilities as required in support of Prospero’s work:
• Cover for colleagues who are on leave or absent
• Duty to report any suspicion of fraud or unethical activity
• Any other tasks as requested by management
5. Required/Desirable Experience
Qualifications and Experience:
• At least a degree in Accounting or Finance from a recognized professional accountancy body or any other equivalent qualification acceptable to Prospero.
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in financial management and accounting
• Knowledge of financial and accounting principles, procedures, rules, and regulations
• Computer literate. Experience with systems and applications in the specific work area
• Communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
• Flexibility, dependability, and dedication
• Compliance with procedures instructions, rules, and regulations
• Service oriented and client focused
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
We invite all interested candidates to submit the following documents:
• Curriculum Vitae (CV)
• Letter of Motivation outlining how your experience, skills, and professional networks fit with the required job description. Please clearly state your expected remuneration.
Please submit your application to email@example.com by March 17, 2022. Clearly state,
Finance and Administration Officer in the subject line.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.