Jobs at:Green Safaris
Deadline of this Job:
Saturday, December 30 1899
Date Posted: Wednesday, May 31 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The main purpose of the role is to maintain financial control of Jacob Shawa Safaris Ltd legal entity within the group located in Zambia and Likoma Passenger Services Ltd legal entity within the group located in Malawi, including oversight of the local statutory, tax and regulatory compliance. To do this the individual will need to provide leadership in the region through the monthly closing process that includes accounting records keeping, intercompany reconciliation and variance analysis along with reporting the drivers that have impacted these monthly results.
On an annual basis the individual would also provide support in year-end financial accounts close and audit in Zambia & Malawi, including responding to all audit requests in a timely and accurate manner. For this to be successful there is the need to maintain all accounting records in compliance with our statutory, IFRS and group accounting policies and procedures.
On a monthly basis the individual will provide regular and ad-hoc financial reporting to all areas of the business, ensuring deadlines are met (both internal and external) and output is of a consistently excellent quality. Outside of the provision of financial data the role will provide comprehensive broad compliance advice on financial, accounting, tax and other regulatory policies and issues alongside operating group payroll.
Scope of work:
1. Process all types of accounting transactions, including purchase invoices and petty cash expenses, ensuring compliant invoices are obtained, bank transfers and payroll journal postings, with all transactions being well documented.
2. Perform bank reconciliation, ensuring all transactions are reconciled, download bank statements and upload to Xero, minimum weekly frequency. Follow up all transactions continuously and provide updates to un-reconciled bank transactions to resolve outstanding transactions.
3. Perform petty cash and credit card reconciliations.
4. Compute and prepare PAYE, NAPSA, VAT & Tourism Levy returns before relevant deadline, filing and settlement with the associated record keeping.
5. Reconcile Balance Sheet accounts, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, Advanced Deposit, Vat Payable, Paye, Napsa, Tourism levy.
6. Control Accounts reconciliation, ensure absolute reconciliation and balancing of intercompany finances with group companies; taking steps required to balance intercompany financials and maintain accurate records of transactions. Sharing Control Accounts status as part of month end close.
7. Raising of recharge invoices or other intercompany invoices.
8. Lead in the delivery of the month-end process which includes timely and accurate production of management accounts (P&L, Fixed Assets, Stock) and completion of balance sheet reconciliations ensuring that relevant deadlines are met.
9. Assist in the preparation of the monthly management pack. Contribute to month end financial summary report on expenses variances and emailing month end report together with financial summary to senior management ahead of month end ops call meeting.
10. Monitoring of monthly cash flow and funding requirements for the month after consulting with General Managers and notify management if additional funding will be required for the month.
11. Assist in the preparation of Year end statutory accounts for submission to Auditors.
12. Assist with audit and preparation and timely submission of all statutory reporting and filings as relevant. Liaising with external auditors to ensure all audit queries are dealt in a timely manner.
13. Maintain Fixed Asset Register
14. Provide support to other ad hoc tasks or financial analysis as and when required by senior management
1. Develop and implement improvements to internal processes ensuring control, integrity, and efficiency of accounting records
2. Conducting reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities.
Education and Work Experience
1. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or any other related discipline.
2. Relevant professional qualifications such as ACA, ACCA, CIMA, ZICA,
3. Minimum of five (5) years relevant experience doing a similar position.
Skills & Competencies
1. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
2. Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
3. High level of accuracy and efficiency
4. Attention to details
5. Ethical behaviour when dealing with sensitive financial information
6. Resilience and creativity in addressing problems
7. Courteous, professional manner, strong customer service skills
8. Ability to work with tight deadlines.
9. Ability to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
10. Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook).
11. Can – do attitude.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months:
Level of Education:
Job application procedure
Application should be sent to email@example.com
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.