Financial Management Specialist
Jobs at:World Bank
Deadline of this Job:
23 February 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, February 09, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Financial Management Specialist
Job #: req14966
Organization: World Bank
Term Duration: 2 years 0 months
Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment
Required Language(s): English
Closing Date: 2/23/2022 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? Working at the World Bank Group provides a unique opportunity for you to help our clients solve their greatest development challenges. The World Bank Group is one of the largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries; a unique global partnership of five institutions dedicated to ending extreme poverty, increasing shared prosperity and promoting sustainable development. With 189 member countries and more than 120 offices worldwide, we work with public and private sector partners, investing in groundbreaking projects and using data, research, and technology to develop solutions to the most urgent global challenges. Visit www.worldbank.org.
We are on a mission to change the world; do you want to join us where it matters the most? Invest in your personal and professional development and acquire the skills that are vital for a global career in international development. A role in an FCS (Fragile and Conflict Affected Situations) location will be a truly impactful experience!
Fragility Conflict and Violence: https://www.worldbank.org/en/topic/fragilityconflictviolence
Working at the World Bank Group provides a unique opportunity for you to help our clients solve their greatest development challenges. The World Bank Group is one of the largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries; a unique global partnership of five institutions dedicated to ending extreme poverty, increasing shared prosperity and promoting sustainable development. With 189 member countries and more than 120 offices worldwide, we work with public and private sector partners, investing in groundbreaking projects and using data, research, and technology to develop solutions to the most urgent global challenges. Visit www.worldbank.org.
We are seeking to recruit a Financial Management Specialist, to support the work of the Governance Global Practice (GGP) in Zambia and Zimbabwe, based in the Zambia office
Duties and Responsibilities
The staff member will report to the Global Governance Practice Manager for the AFR East Governance team. The successful applicant will work with Governance team and with the broader country team for Zambia and Zimbabwe, including colleagues in the Country Management Unit, procurement, disbursements, and other Global Practices.
The FMS will carry out financial management (FM) work in respect of projects and programs (operations) financed by the World Bank Group, and also contribute to advisory and technical assistance tasks. The FMS will have the responsibility for the full range of operational FM duties, supporting and working as part of Bank project task teams. The FM duties include assessing the adequacy of financial management arrangements for new and ongoing operations; monitoring compliance with the Bank’s audit and fiduciary requirements; and ensuring that WBG-financed operations are carried out in accordance with applicable FM policies, procedures, and instructions. Responsibilities will also include providing capacity building to project staff in the client government and supporting analytical work on FM and public financial accountability.
• The candidate should be a qualified professional accountant (CPA, CA or equivalent membership of an internationally recognized professional accounting institute) with a Master’s degree in accounting, business, finance, economics or related subject and at least 5 (five) years of post-professional-qualification (after qualifying as a professional accountant) experience in auditing or financial management. Familiarity with public sector financial management would be a distinct advantage.
• Proficiency in both written and spoken English language is necessary.
• Significant experience in evaluating financial management systems (including budgeting, accounting, cash management, internal audit, financial reporting and external auditing systems).
• Significant experience in evaluating/interpreting financial statements and in identifying appropriate remedial actions. Experience in evaluating audit reports / management letters, and following up on issues resulting from the audits.
• Demonstrated knowledge of financial management systems in Zambia, in the public and private sectors.
• Knowledge of World Bank financial management practices for lending operations.
• Knowledge of international standards, including International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), International Standards on Auditing (ISA), International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) International Standards of Supreme Audit Institutions (ISSAI) and COSO framework
• Strong analytical capabilities and planning, organization, and time management skills.
• Capacity to function effectively as a member of a multi-disciplinary team, ability to search for common ground to problem solve.
World Bank Group Core Competencies
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.