Global Data Analyst
Jobs at:Save the Children
Deadline of this Job:
09 February 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, January 26, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Global Data Analyst
Save the Children International has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as the Global Data Analystin London or any existing Save the Children International office location.
Save the Children International (SCI) is looking for an intelligent and hardworking data analyst to join our Business Intelligence for NGOs (BiNGO) Project. This person will manage, improve and assure the quality of global data and support data-driven insights to be used to make informed business decisions for our Members and Fundraising stakeholders.
Key Areas of Accountability:
This person will focus on the understanding, transformation and the standardisation of data provided by our members for use in our Global Data Warehouse solution.
• Support the on-boarding of our members onto the Global Data Warehouse (BiNGO) through analysis of fundraising data from across our members and alignment to our data specification standards.
• Develop a Data Quality Protocol, focused on data accuracy, restoration/enhancement of ‘old’ data, optimisation of data storage capacity and scoring of data to ensure we keep the best and bin the rest.
• Lead the implementation of the Data Quality Protocol across our members
• Actively identify and encourage tactical Data & Data Analysis initiatives that present themselves as beneficial to our members
• Chair data validation meetings with our members throughout the lifecycle of the their on-boarding process to the Global Data Warehouse and implement a series of surgery meetings where necessary
• Act a key contributor to the definition and ratification of a series of Global KPI’s for Fundraising Data Analysis across our members
• Create and evolve new Reporting Solutions in partnership with the Product Owner and platform developer team
Experience and Skills
• Previous experience as a Data Analyst (or other relevant experience) for 3+ years
• Advanced Microsoft Excel/Word & PowerPoint including the use of Macros, Pivot Tables and producing visualisations
• Good knowledge of Data related topics such as data management and data quality
• Ability to capture and document requirements and then translate into deliverables
• Have worked on projects that use data warehousing or cloud based computing (Azure or similar)
• Passion for data and highly developed analytical and problem-solving skills
• Proven experience of delivering projects on time and to budget
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Fluent in English
• Previous experience working in an International Non-Governmental Organisation
• Understanding of marketing/fundraising techniques and KPIs
• Exposure to CRM systems and knowledge of the data architecture
We can offer circa £35,000 per annum (If based in UK) with an option of flexible working hours. If the role is based outside of the UK, National T&C (including pay) will apply.
This role can be based in London or any existing Save the Children International Regional or Country office location on approval, provided the successful candidate has proof of eligibility to work from the preferred location.
Where we Work –Where We Work | Save the Children International
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
• No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
• All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
• Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.