Vacancy title: Grant Accountant[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Nonprofit, and NGO , Category: Accounting & Finance ]
Deadline of this Job:
30 November 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, November 16, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
We Effect is a development organisation founded by the Swedish cooperative movement in 1958 to support the development of democratic organisations and societies. In our international development cooperation programmes, we are applying a human rights-based approach supporting people living in poverty to secure their rights.
We Effect works in around 20 countries in Asia, Europe, Latin America and Africa through our regional offices in partnership with local CSO’s, farmer organisations, cooperative federations and other democratic organisations. For more information, see www.weeffect.se/www.weeffect.org/ https://latin.weeffect.org/
We Effect is now recruiting a Grant Accountant. The Grant Accountant is part of the Finance Unit in the We Effect Zambia Country Office in Lusaka.
To provide technical support to partner organizations on the Women Economic Empowerment (WEE) Project, ensuring their compliance with Sida and We Effect policies, as well as funding and reporting requirements in accordance with grant agreements. To support the daily financial, accounting, and administrative matters of the We Effect Zambia Country Office.
Principal Key Responsibilities
• Review and consolidate annual budgets from partners.
• Ensure timely submission of complete and accurate financial reports by all partners on the WEE Project and ensure all approved reports are filed and copies sent back to partners.
• Facilitate and process grant payments to partners, obtain and file grant payment receipts.
• Receive and review financial reports from partners ensuring compliance with grant agreement requirement on proper reporting of expenditures, procurement, and asset management.
• Upload relevant financial project management documents to the system – CROPS.
• Provide guidance and facilitate partner institutional capacity strengthening plans, ensuring partner organizations implement programs effectively, efficiently, and sustainably.
• Prepare annual consolidated WEE project financial reports.
• Prepare monthly budget utilization reports including variance analysis.
• Conduct financial compliance monitoring of partners and follow-up of action plans to ensure compliance with grant terms and conditions, timelines, budgets, and work plans.
• Support the coordination, planning, and execution of the WEE project annual audit within We Effect and partner organizations in accordance with the donor agreement.
• Track partner grants disbursement and expenditure and provide internal reporting schedules.
• Conduct financial assessment of partners; prepare and follow-up on risk management plans to ensure mitigation of risks for areas identified or in situations where contractual obligations may not be met.
• Post financial data into the ledger including scanned payment vouchers monthly.
• Maintain a monitoring log in respect of financial information due from partner organizations.
• Review partner procurement processes and ensure that purchases comply with policy guidelines
• Prepare correct and timely payments, ensuring all required supporting documentation is attached.
• Preparation of cash flow forecasts in liaison with Programmes staff.
• Preparation of monthly balance sheet account reconciliations.
• Filing of all financial records in accordance with We Effect filing and record management instructions.
• Follow up on management report audit issues with partners to ensure recommendations are being implemented.
• Support the procurement, administration and logistics functions of the project.
• Adhere to We Effect principles and values.
• Upholds the We Effect values: respect, transparency and together.
• Actively contribute to the strengthening and improvement of our work, added value and synergies internally as well as with and between partner organisations and other relevant actors.
• Carry out any other duties as instructed.
Desired traits and competences needed for the position:
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with fluency in English.
• Proficient in computer skills, particularly knowledge of MS Excel software.
• High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
• High level of Accountability.
• Demonstrates high levels of confidentiality.
• Excellent planning and organising skills.
• Ability to prioritise work schedules.
• Adhere to We Effect values: Respect, Transparency, Together
• A university degree in any of the following disciplines: Accounting, Finance; or Full professional accounting qualification i.e., ZICA, CPA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent.
• At least 3 years of working experience preferably in a major international organisation/NGO.
• Must be a member of the Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants.
• As indicated in the above desired traits and compentencies.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Apply by sending your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Thursday 24th November 2022.
The employment is a fixed term contract position with a three months’ probation period. Start date as soon as possible.
For more information
We Effect wants to be alerted on suspected discriminiation, corruption or other serious misconduct during the recuritment process. To make us aware, do not hesitate to use our Whistleblowing System. (weeffect.org/whistle-blowing-system)
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.