Vacancy title: Grants Officer[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Education, and Training , Category: Accounting & Finance ]
Jobs at:ICAP at Columbia University Zambia
Deadline of this Job:
23 November 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, November 09, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Reports to: Director of Administration and Finance
S/he will report to the Director, Administration and Finance in the management of program grants and sub-awards. This responsibility includes managing and monitoring of expenses and ensuring that all contractual documents comply with ICAP standards and donor regulations. The officer will also prepare all required documents related to Program sponsor approvals related to sub-awards, waivers, and procurement. Maintains good relationships with Program Sponsors and sub-awardees on all contractual and procurement matters.
• Responsible for full-cycle management of sub-agreements from execution to close-out.
• Ensures consistent application of ICAP financial and administrative policies/standards, as well as US Government and Columbia University rules and regulations.
• Ensures that sub-recipients keep books of account and bank reconciliations updated and accurate; transactions are recorded in accordance with GAAP and supporting documents are retained.
• Performs ongoing monitoring of sub-recipient spending patterns and compliance with the sub agreements signed with ICAP Standard Operating Procedures.
• Assists sub-recipients with Columbia University required quarterly reporting, monitor timelines for reporting and acts as liaison between the sub-recipient, ICAP field office and the NY Sub-awards Team.
• Receives reviews and monitors sub-recipients monthly / quarter financial reports and advance requests; conducts a thorough review of all financial documents
• Works closely and communicates with the ICAP Zambia Technical team and NY Sub-awards team to assure they are apprised of key financial and administrative matters impacting the implementation of a sub-recipient’s scope of work.
• Communicates budget allocations and other financial concerns to sub-recipient; collaborates with finance staff and the technical team to finalize sub-award packages for inclusion in new and continuing grant applications.
• Conducts financial site visits and produces a report of findings and recommendations to improve the financial and administrative management systems of sub-recipients.
• Manages a site visit calendar to assure financial monitoring and technical monitoring of subs in coordination with the sub-award Technical Advisors; forwards for the New York Sub-awards Manager’s file all financial site visit reports, technical site visit reports produced by Technical Advisors and technical performance reports and other reports submitted by sub recipients.
• Assist Director, Administration and Finance in providing training and technical support to sub awardees to improve their administrative and financial system and procedures, including the use of ICAP management tools, but also including more general improvement in management of funds.
• Maintain electronic and physical records of all documentation and communication pertaining to each sub award.
• Reviews travel authorizations and major procurement requests from sub recipients and facilitate process for securing approval/concurrence.
• Serves as primary point of contact with the sub recipient on all financial and administrative matters.
• Ensure accurate keeping of accounting records by using QuickBooks to account for financial transactions. Ensure weekly posting of transactions in QuickBooks.
• Help with processing of payments and ensure that payment requests submitted to finance have all the necessary documents, adequate approvals and comply to the relevant SOPs. Payments to be within the stipulated time frame.
• Make statutory payments such as NAPSA, PAYE, NHIMA timely to avoid the accruals of penalties.
• Assist finance unit in month end and year end closure processes.
• Assist with filing of financial documents, ensure these are complete and correctly filed. Uploaded scanned copies into OnBase with proper indexing.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Finance and Administration
Bacholer’s Degree in finance or Accounting, intermediate ACCA/CIMA required.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Minimum four (4) years of relevant experience with project management and sub-award management.
• Demonstrated experience managing sponsored projects; USAID/CDC funded projects preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Computer literacy in Microsoft Word & Excel, and accounting packages.
• Progressive knowledge of best practices in Grants Management as well as all relevant federal, state, and local rules, regulations, and programs/policies for meeting compliance.
• Strong analytical and organizational skills in order to carry out and follow through with complex assignments for which no clear precedents exist.
• Ability to provide advice and expertise both orally and in writing to clients, peers, and management.
• Ability to communicate and interact with, as well as support effective partnerships with peers and sub partners.
• growing level of proficiency in the use of QuickBooks
• Ability to establish and communicate ongoing and new priorities and projects in order to meet scheduled deadlines in a changing environment.
• Ability to reprioritize data as change warrants.
• Requires domestic travel of a minimum of 30-40% of the time
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Click here to apply now
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.