Head of Credit and Debt Collections
Jobs at:ExpressCredit Zambia
Deadline of this Job:
27 June 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, June 22, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
ExpressCredit Zambia, a registered non-Deposit taking financial institution is inviting suitably qualified, competent, and highly motivated professional based in Lusaka to fill the positions of Head of Credit and Debt Collections.
To effectively manage the credit risk and collection function of ExpressCredit Zambia in line with company set objectives and ensure revenue from debtors is being collected properly and in a timely manner.
Summary Key Responsibilities:
• Approve all credit application and proposals and ensure they are within acceptable parameters and ensure that they meet sound business criteria before disbursement.
• Review and ensure the underwriting process is according to set process and procedure within set TAT
• Proactively drive the existing facilities review process and ensure a thorough and timely evaluation of all existing facilities.
• Ensure system data quality and oversee the data quality control management team and be a business link between Operations and sales departments.
• Ensure effective maintenance and management of service level agreements with other departments.
• Conduct call visits on both existing and prospective corporate clients to enhance portfolio quality in line with the company KYC set rules.
• Manage and provide guidance to the credit risk and debt collection team
• Actively support the team’s growth through training, performance reviews, mentoring and coaching
• Ensure timely and effective collections of all amounts that fall due.
• Manage the preparation and submission of expected collection files for all clients on each specified cutoff dates.
• Maintain submission tracking schedules to indicate which client has been invoiced that month and for how much.
• Ensure all invoiced amounts are received on specified due date
• Ensure all collected amounts are accounted for within the month in which they are received.
• Prepare reconciliation files between bank and the system monthly in conjunction with the finance department.
• Ensure effective management of the company arrears management as provided for in the credit policy.
• Ensure clients that fall behind are follow-up immediately and remedial measures are instituted immediately.
• Effectively monitor and maintain accurate loan and age analysis files and ensure accurate loan classification as provided for in the company credit policy
• Escalate to legal all amounts that remain unpaid as provided for in the credit policy
• Manage and adhere to the internal service level agreements.
• Actively support your team’s growth through training, performance reviews, mentoring and coaching
• Prepare accurate and timely reports to management committees
• Ensure compliance to all regulations.
Experience and Requirements
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounts, business or equivalent
• 5 years of demonstrated experience in a similar role and in related field preferably in a Micro Finance institution
• Credit management training will be an added advantage
• Demonstrated strong data analysis skills and Investigative skills.
• Demonstrated collection and debt recovery skills
• Demonstrated leadership covering the work experience period
• Strong understanding of credit analysis and policies
• Good understanding of Risk management principles
• Problem-solving and decision-making abilities;
• Exceptional analytical skills and a good eye for detail;
• Ability to cope under pressure and Stress management skills;
• Good planning and organization skills
• Good communication and presentation skills
• Holder of driving of a valid driving license
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.