Vacancy title: IT Specialist[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Nonprofit, and NGO , Category: Computer & IT ]
Jobs at:Chemonics International Inc.
Deadline of this Job:
19 December 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, December 14, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Chemonics seeks an IT specialist for the USAID Zambia Program for Advancing Supply Chain Outcomes (PASCO) Activity. The project is a commodity distribution program that aims to create sustainable access to safe, effective, quality-assured, affordable lifesaving health commodities by strengthening capacity for transportation and distribution systems in consultation with the Zambia Medicines and Medical Supplies Agency (ZAMMSA). The IT Specialist will provide primary responsibility for systems administration and web administration for the PASCO office, implementing the IT systems in accordance with design specifications and requirements as set by the project. We are seeking individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
• Responsible for systems administration and web administration, implementing the IT systems in accordance with design specifications and requirements as set by the project.
• If needed, research, recommend, and arrange for IT firms to install network cabling infrastructure for project office local area network. Recommend and assist in contracting with local firm for ongoing monthly network maintenance and troubleshooting, as needed.
• Install local firewall and configure for VPN (if VPN is to be part of firewall build).
• Install wireless access point(s) onto network.
• If required, install main office server(s), create domain, and designate functions and nomenclature for server and clients.
• Provide technical support for office-wide platforms such as SharePoint, AdobeSign, and MS Office.
• Establish server functions such as File and Print sharing, DHCP/DNS, install and configure VPN features, all supporting software, tape backup solution, and anti-virus protection for local area network.
• Create domain security policy including admin accounts and documentation of all settings.
• Deploy client workstations and join them to the domain – 1) Install antivirus software onto all project-owned computers; 2) Create all user accounts, as well as service admin accounts. Create profiles for each necessary user account on a per-computer basis.
• Develop a standard folder structure (for file shares) adapted from the HO central filing structure.
• Install and test the standard SharePoint folder structure, ensuring access for all project employees on domain computers. Access and document editing rights may have different levels of security/authorization, as deemed necessary by COP / Operations Director.
• Configure network to accommodate ABACUS software and identify local computer to act as local ABACUS server.
• Ensure that all systems are compliant with Chemonics systems.
• Provide overview of best practices to select staff in basic network environment for simple maintenance and troubleshooting.
• Training users in VPN access, security procedures, anti-virus principles.
• Provide training to staff on use of SharePoint file access in day-to-day operations.
• Provide onsite training focused on best networking practices and Chemonics standards.
• Work with project technical staff to respond to questions and provide technical input regarding planned and ongoing programmatic activities with IT components.
• Support inventory for project-office IT equipment.
• Degree in Information Technology, computer science, or related field preferred.
• Microsoft certifications strongly preferred.
• Minimum five years of experience in maintaining project office computer hardware, networks and software, ensuring that all hardware and software components are functioning.
• Membership with a relevant professional body is required.
• Advanced computer skills, particularly in MS Office software, especially MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Understanding of USAID procurement procedures/ guidelines and experience working with USAID or other international donors required.
• Basic networking troubleshooting experience.
• Experience troubleshooting printers and other equipment.
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
• Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.
• Fluency in English required.
Location of Assignment: Lusaka.
Supervision: IT Specialist will report directly to the Operations Director or his/her designee.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply please send a resume and expression of interest to ZambiaPASCORecruit@chemonics.com with a subject line of “PASCO IT Specialist” by December 19, 2022. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.