Vacancy title: M&E Officer[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Health Care , Category: Management ]
Jobs at:Community Initiative for Tuberculosis, HIV/AIDS and Malaria plus (CITAMplus)
Deadline of this Job:
03 January 2023
Date Posted: Tuesday, December 27, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Community Initiative for Tuberculosis, HIV/AIDS and Malaria plus related diseases (CITAMplus) is a Zambian NGO founded in 2009 and committed to promoting human rights, social justice, and equal access to healthcare services in Zambia, with a particular focus on TB and reaching vulnerable and key populations – such as women and girls. Headquartered in Lusaka, Libala Stage one; Plot 259, Burma Road with a hub office in Ndola at Provident House.
Duties and responsibilities:
The M+E Officer is responsible to oversee all monitoring and evaluation of the CITAMplus projects, including baseline, midterm, and endline surveys, qualitative data collection, and quality assurance of project activities.
Specific roles and responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Develop an appropriate and functional M & E System for the organization
• Periodically review and revise the M & E System to ensure it is adapting appropriately to changing operating contexts
• Develop and implement the M & E Plan including Logical Framework, and its related Data Collection Tools
• Assist the Programs Manager in preparing the Quarterly / Annual Reports on projects progress by ensuring timely and relevant M & E information is provided in user-friendly formats to key stakeholders including senior management, beneficiaries and communities and donors
• Monitor all project activities on a regular basis, developing and maintaining the issues log
• Provide training and mentoring for project staff
• Monitor all project activities, expenditures and progress towards achieving the project output.
• Monitor the sustainability of the project’s results.
• Build capacity of project staff to implement M+E activities.
• Provide feedback to the Program Manager on project strategies and activities.
• Suggest strategies to the Program Manager for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the project by identifying bottlenecks in completing project activities and developing plans to minimize or eliminate such bottlenecks.
• Report monthly, quarterly, and annual progress on all project activities to the Program Manager.
• Participate in annual project reviews and planning workshops and assist the Program Manager in preparing relevant reports
• Support monitoring and evaluation of the effects and impact of the project.
• Any other duties as assigned by CITAMplus leadership
Qualification, Skills and Experience:
• A Degree or Diploma in Development studies or social sciences with a bias in M&E, or a relevant discipline from a reputable institution
• A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in M&E – at least one of which should be with a reputable HIV, TB or health-related organization preferably related to capacity building, health systems strengthening Programs/projects.
• A highly motivated team player with acute attention to detail, a strong ability to multi-task and work with people at all levels.
• High levels of computer literacy, data entry, analysis, and quality control skills
• Knowledge of how to come up with a conceptual framework and able to conduct Data Quality Audit.
• Flexibility and ability to work under pressure,
• Competency in both quantitative and qualitative research methods.
• Good communication and inter-personal skills, team player, able to work under minimal supervision in a fast-paced academic environment.
• Any formal training in monitoring and evaluation and competencies in setting up M&E systems will be an added advantage.
• Experience in research, monitoring and evaluation of Program activities.
• Experience in a range of techniques for data collection and analysis, including statistical analysis tests and the use of SPSS.
• Excellent written and spoken English skills.
• Knowledge of HIV and TB Programs an added advantage
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested applicants should submit an application letter responding to the advert and with the minimum requirements outlined above, together with a CV (maximum 2 pages), copies of certificates and full contact details of at least 3 professional referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please email application to:
cc/ email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: 03/01/2023
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.