Vacancy title: Manager Administration and Procurement[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Public Administration, and Government , Category: Admin & Office ]
Jobs at:Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC)
Deadline of this Job:
20 September 2022
Date Posted: Monday, September 05, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) is a body corporate established by an Act of Parliament, the Securities Act, No. 41 of 2016, with an objective of inter alia regulating and developing the Zambian Capital Markets. The SEC is responsible for the supervision and development of the Capital Markets in Zambia as well as the licensing of financial intermediaries, the registration of securities to be issued and the authorization of market transactions.
SEC, an equal opportunity employer, invites applications from suitably qualified Zambians to apply for position of Manager Administration and Procurement
To provide support to the Director-Finance and Administration in matters relating to the development and implementation of effective human resource, administrative policies, procurement procedures and programmes which effectively support the achievement of the Commission’s goals and objectives The Administration and Procurement Manager will play a critical role in many parts of a business’s operations. This entails working with other Managers and staff members in each of the business’ directorates .
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Key Result Area / Principal Accountabilities (Main Duties)
Human Resource Policies and Procedures
Assists the Director Finance and Administration to develop, revise and implement value adding human resource policies and procedures, including training and development, recruitment and selection, compensation, job satisfaction and retention, succession planning, wellness as well as disciplinary and grievance policies and procedures. Human resources department set the tone for the entire organization . From employee relations to payroll and compliance issues, the HR department will help ensure that an organization runs smoothly, and the Manager Administration and procurement is at the helm. The Administration Manager will, among other duties and responsibilities :
1) Develops and implements strategic plans for the Commission’s administration function
2) Ensures staff matters are effectively reported to Management and the Board to facilitate for strategic leadership regarding human resources issues with the view of positioning the Commission as a preferred employer
3) Manage the staffing process, including recruiting, interviewing, hiring and onboarding
4) Ensure job descriptions are up to-date and compliant with all local and international regulations
5) Develop training materials and performance management programs to help ensure employees understand their job responsibilities
6) Create a compensation strategy for all employees based on market research and pay surveys; keeps the strategy up to date
7) Investigate employee issues and conflicts and brings them to resolution
8) Use performance management tools to provide guidance and feedback to team
9) Ensure all company HR policies are applied consistently
10) Maintain company organization charts and employee directory
11) Partner with management to ensure strategic HR goals are aligned with business initiatives
12) Maintain HR systems and processes ,Oversee performance and salary reviews
13) Provide support and guidance to Commission staff
14) Undertake studies and analyze trends in compensation and benefits
15) Design and implement employee retention strategies
16) Design and implement a succession plan
Administration Policies and Procedures
1) Guiding the organization’s activities
2) Identifying opportunities to improve business policies or objectives
3) Ensuring the Commission is operating securely and effectively
4) Preparing and reviewing operational reports
5) Leading and/or participating in meetings
6) Maintaining all policies and procedures manuals
7) Hiring and training administrative staff
8) Delegating tasks to administrative assistants
9) Ensuring personnel folders for new hires are created
10) Monitoring and projecting staffing needs
11) Overseeing department budget planning and development
12) Managing and maintaining all department databases
13) Develop strong relationships with cross-functional teams and departments
Conditions of Service
1) Interprets the Commission’s conditions of service for all categories of staff as well as the rules and regulations governing the same.
1) Handles disciplinary cases and grievances and provides timely advice to line managers and employees
Training and Development
1) Oversees the development and implementation of annual staff training plans and provides advice on training and development aimed at improving the competence of commission staff.
2) Coordinates subscriptions to professional bodies
Office Maintenance & Cleaning
1) Ensures proper maintenance and cleaning of offices and surroundings to promote a conducive working environment.
1) Provides employee welfare services as provided for in the conditions of service.
1) Insures all SEC assets including, motor vehicles, computers and printers, office furniture, in order to ensure that these assets are adequately protected Implements and monitors Group Life Assurance and Personal Accident schemes
1) Supervises the provision of efficient and effective office services, such as cleaning, document printing and reproduction, front office services, communication and mail delivery
2) Oversees and supervises the Information, Communication and Technology function (ICT) and ensures the Commissions systems, internet and emails are well functioning.
3) Supervises the procurement function ensures cost effective purchases are done for the Commission in line with the annual procurement plan and ensures the procurement function is in compliance with the applicable laws
1) Supervises the provision of effective security services at the Commission and manages security contracts with service providers
Maintenance and Service Contracts
1) Ensures that maintenance and service contracts for office equipment, telephones, IT services, etc. are correctly discharged in accordance with the terms and conditions of the agreement and that equipment/machines are well maintained and regularly serviced.
Publicity, Education and Awareness Campaigns
1) Assists the Director-Finance and Administration to carry out publicity, educational and awareness campaigns, including arranging exhibits at trade fairs and agricultural and commercial shows and stakeholder meetings
1) Assists the Director Finance and Administration to effectively supervise the procurement unit and staff in the procurement unit n order for the Commission to procure goods and services in line with the procurement Act and obtain cost efficiency.
1) Mentors, coaches and provides on job-training to the direct reports and others as maybe required from time to time.
2) Ensures agreed performance objectives/targets are met and appropriate and timely remedial action is taken.
Planning and Budgeting
1) Provides input to the Director Finance and Administration in the departmental workplan and budget. Minimizes operational costs by ensuring that departmental expenditure remains within budget approval and savings made from budget.
1) Prepares monthly and quarterly sectional reports and submits them to the supervisor as scheduled.
Health and Safety
1) Takes reasonable care for own health and safety as well as that of other employees, clients and others as maybe required from time to time
Any other duties
1) Perform any other job related duties as assigned
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
Minimum Academic qualifications:
• Grade 12 School Certificate
Minimum Vocational or Professional qualifications:
• Degree in Human Resource Management, Public Administration or Business Administration
• A Masters’ Degree in a relevant field is an added advantage
• Relevant professional membership to ZIHRM and or ZIPS
Minimum Work Experience
• 5 years of relevant Management Experience
Required competencies/Personal qualities:
• Good supervisory skills
• Good negotiation skills
• Good human resource planning skills
• Good Interpersonal and influencing skills
• Good knowledge of Zambian labor laws
• Basic computer skills (Word processing, spreadsheets and internet)
• Good Communication skills – both written and oral
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
A signed application letter, copies of academic and professional certificates, a detailed curriculum vitae (CV), daytime contact telephone numbers and three (3) traceable references all placed in an envelope marked “Application for Manager Administration and Procurement ” should reach the undersigned not later than 20th September 2022
The Chief Executive Officer
Securities & Exchange Commission
Plot 3827 Parliament Road, Olympia
P.O. Box 35165, Lusaka
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.