Officer, Accounts Payable
Jobs at:First Quantum Minerals
Deadline of this Job:
25 February 2022
Date Posted: Friday, February 18, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Overall Job Purpose
The Officer, Accounts Payable is responsible for overseeing the posting of all ledger entries and ensure the prompt and accurate processing of payments to suppliers within agreed credit terms and in accordance with control procedures while making certain that data is collated and processed in a confidential and timely manner
Specific Job Responsibilities
• Ensure invoices are properly authorized in accordance with levels of authority and allocated to correct Supplier & General Ledger accounts on a daily basis.
• Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
• Obtain supplier statements and reconcile supplier accounts before any payment can be raised.
• Check assigned/advised Supplier POs on invoices and verify accuracy and status of the advised PO before invoices are captured.
• Pay suppliers by monitoring discount opportunities; verifying PO numbers; scheduling and preparing payments; resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation
• Ensure purchase order amendments are done before capturing or posting invoices that are over and above the PO value & respond to all supplier inquiries.
• Prioritize invoices according to payment terms and cash discount potentials.
• Assist in month end closing and with other projects as needed.
• Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
• Obtain Supplier statements and reconcile supplier accounts every quarter (March, June, Sept & Dec) to support quarter end reporting.
• Resolve supplier queries with end users on invoicing issues related to services and make follow up on all reconciling issues.
• Follow up on all debit balances and provide reasons for debit balances on the supplier account
• Process advance payments as received from the commercial department
• Ensure remittance advices are sent to the suppliers after payments have been fully signed off and sent to bank.
• Processes Supplier transactions based on reconciliation of invoices, purchase orders and receiving documents and following up on reconciling items.
• Communicates with Suppliers in reference to purchase orders and invoices to ensure accurate payment to all Suppliers.
• Communicates with other departments to ensure timely and accurate payment to all Suppliers.
• Timely and accurate processing of invoices in Pronto.
• Post all approved Service invoices in Pronto within 48 hours from time of receiving the invoices from the supplier or end users.
• Post all stock invoices in Pronto within 72 hours from the time of receipting the invoices against PO by Warehouse staff.
• Inform Supply Chain and AP Supervisor within 24 hours of receipt of invoice if there are unit price or quantity mismatches on Stock item invoices. Follow ups should be done to ensure all issues are resolved.
• Optimum record keeping for all accounting documentation and schedules for all transactions and accounts that this position is responsible for
Job Specific Competencies
• A working knowledge of bookkeeping procedures
• Must have a working knowledge of computer operations
• Requires a high degree of accuracy in the processing of supplier invoices
• Must possess excellent data entry skills
• Effective communication skills
• Accounting & Auditing skills
• Ability to use Microsoft productivity software such as Excel and Word
• Knowledge of Pronto EPR
• Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards(IFRS)
Key Job Attributes
• High levels of integrity and ethics
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to multitask
• Ability to consistently meet all deadlines
• Ability to work under pressure
• Work cooperatively with others
• Deal politely with suppliers
• Strong organizational ability and a self-starter
• Ability to follow standard filing procedures
Qualifications & Experience required to perform in this job
• Minimum G12 Certificate
• Diploma or Degree in Accounting or related field and/ or a Professional Accountancy qualification (e.g. CA Zambia, ACCA, ZICA etc.)
• 3+ years of experience in an accounts payable function
• Member of Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.