People and Culture Generalist
Jobs at:Wasoko Zambia Limited
Deadline of this Job:
Saturday, June 03 2023
Date Posted: Friday, May 26 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Wasoko is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. By connecting small shops to the digital economy, we fix inefficient supply chains and provide services that were previously unavailable. Wasoko aims to provide everything a retailer needs, no wholesalers or banks necessary.
Thousands of retailers across Kenya, Tanzania, and Rwanda use Wasoko’s mobile ordering and delivery platform to receive the goods they need as quickly and cheaply as possible while also accessing growth financing for the first time. We’re looking to grow our team with highly talented and motivated employees excited to work in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.
Role: People & Culture Generalist
Reporting To: Senior Human Resource Business Partner
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Purpose of the role
You will support the team and managers by fostering the company values and culture while providing HR guidance. You will provide people operations advice, and support and help nurture talent throughout the employee lifecycle.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Assist in the onboarding process for all new employees.
2. Managing staff wellness initiatives.
3. Improving relations between staff and the company.
4. Use HR data to make key decisions and advise the leadership.
5. Drafting employee contracts, visas, bank promotions and bonus letters.
6. Managing staff lists and ensuring up-to-date and comprehensive information.
7. Assisting in monitoring staff absence and leave management.
8. Managing employee records and ensuring all documents are in the personal files.
9. Assisting in monitoring staff absence and leave management.
10. Managing employee records and ensuring all documents are in the personal files.
11. Updating employee details on the company HR systems.
12. Guiding the business partners on the labour law and supporting in disciplinary hearings.
13. Managing HR Metrics reports, including monthly employee matrix reports, monthly exit reports and team update reports
14. Lead core HR processes across business units (performance calibration, compensation cycle, promotions).
15. Managing the salary advance, Casuals, and internship payroll Organizational
16. Counsel employees on issues that affect their productivity.
17. Assist in implementing any HR projects and consistently being accountable for all agreed deliverables.
18. Exit management for employees.
19. Manage employee records in a confidential manner.
20. Coordinate administration tasks e.g. office shopping and office management.
21. Assist in performance management.
Qualifications and experience
1. Relevant professional qualifications are an added advantage;
2. Member of ZIHRM
3. 2 Years + previous experience in Human Resource Management.
4. Must be adept at problem-solving, including being able to identify issues and resolve them in a timely . manner.
6. Must have knowledge of Zambian labour legislation and regulations
7. Must have knowledge of best-practice HR policies and procedures
1. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work collaboratively with People Operations, finance, and external vendors
2. Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and integrity in all payroll and compensation matters
3. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
4. Ability to learn quickly in a highly dynamic and fast-moving environment.
5. Excellent emotional intelligence, including empathy, awareness and the ability to develop highly collaborative relationships.
6. A skilled influencer and decisive thinker with the courage to raise challenges with credibility and sensitivity.
7. Action-orientated, entrepreneurial and innovative.
8. A commitment to Wasoko’s mission and values.
1. Skillful at investigating matters, gathering and analyzing information;
2. Demonstrate resourcefulness and initiative in dealing with daily assumptions;
3. Ability to deal well with complexity and ambiguity, including excellent flexibility and adaptability.
4. Commitment to the highest standards of quality.
5. Excellent planning and organizational skills.
6. Ability to think with strategic vision and analytical r
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education:
Job application procedure
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.