Jobs at:World Vision Zambia (WVZ)
Deadline of this Job:
13 February 2022
Date Posted: Monday, January 31, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The incumbent will Contribute to improved and sustained well-being of children by Supporting the effective decision-making and financial sustainability of the program through being a business partner, internally to the Programme Team and externally to local partners and collaborations, Ensuring stewardship, accountability and transparency at all levels through the active resourcing and empowerment of the organization and partners, Strengthening community financial management capacity, Ensuring good planning & budgeting; and Minimizing risk exposure to the organization and the partner’s operations, Leads and supervises the Area Programme Finance or accounting staff for optimum performance, Oversee the compliance of the programs financial management to the minimum standards.
• Planning and Budgeting
• Assist Area Program Managers to ensure project planning and budgeting work schedule to meet the requirements/deadlines by the NO and other relevant stakeholders.
• Supervise programme/project team to ensure programme/project budgets are clear and aligned with project goals and outcomes, by giving due consideration to WVI Finance Policies and donor regulations.
• Advice Area Programme Team on the funding commitment status and against the planned budget and remind them to spend only within the available funding.
• Review, bank deposits/withdrawals and petty cash payments
• Review vouchers, process invoices for payment.
• Complete monthly bank reconciliation
• Reporting and Compliance
• Produce financial reports including log frame financial report in response to local government and donor regulations. Customize financial reporting to the Area Programme Team’s need and prepare special Financial report analysis to share with Team
• Risk Management and Internal Controls
• Promote and practice transparency and integrity for good stewardship of resources.
• Communicate to appropriate people potential risk observed in the program implementation.
• Assist Area Programme Manager to take corrective actions/measures on audit recommendations and regularly monitor progress, in partnership with NO and partner finance departments.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor of Accountancy; ZICA membership required, ACCA/CIMA level 2 or equivalent a plus
• Solid knowledge of accounting principles, financial systems, budget/cash-flow monitoring and internal accounting controls
• At least 2 years work experience in finance, accounting/bookkeeping activities, auditing, business administration, or related field
• Experience and proficiency on financial software and reporting systems
• Self-guided, strong organizational and planning skills; ability to work independently and under pressure
• Experience of logframe and partner collaboration preferred Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment, and must be a mature Christian.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.