Jobs at:Zambia Association of Sisterhoods
Deadline of this Job:
01 July 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Zambia Association of Sisterhoods (ZAS) is a Catholic Women Religious (Sisters) Association made up of forty-five (45) member Congregations. It was founded in 1958. It is the Association of all women religious Congregations present in Zambia. Membership is drawn from both local and international Congregations. It was formed with the so purpose of coordinating and supporting the different activities and programs of sisters that meet their diverse needs. It has eleven branches spreads throughout the country as well as working committees such as the Prayer Companion, Justice and Peace and Integrity of Creation and Mentors and Facilitators and Formation. It also runs Kalundu Study Centre an International Institute that offers Formation and Leadership course to Catholic sisters in Zambia and the African region.
Zambia association of sisterhoods is inviting suitable and experienced applicants to fill the vacant position of project accountant
Job title: The project accountant will be under the direct supervision of the executive director.
• Job purpose
• The primary function of the A Accountant to provide effective and efficient accounting services to ensure the utilization of financial and material resources compliant to Zambia Association Sisterhood standards
• Assist with budgeting for the respective project
• Monitor student expenditure report
• File and retrieve requisitions
• Assist with payroll processing
• Assist with payments of statutory obligations (NAPSA, NHIMA, ZRA, Workers Compensation)
• Prepare invoices and payment vouchers
• Reconcile bank account
• Assist with Audits
• Assist with preparing of donor reports.
• Prepare monthly reports.
• Filing of all financial record
• To do any other lawful duties assigned to by the supervisor.
Knowledge and skill requirements:
• General Education and Academic Qualifications:
• Grade Twelve (12) Certificate or equivalent
• Professional Qualifications:
• Part Qualified Diploma in Accountancy, CIMA, ACCA Full ZICA or any related discipline.
• Member of Zambia Institute for Chartered Accountant
• Relevant Job Experience:
• Minimum of 3-year work related experience at similar level in a not for profit organisation
Additional / other skills
• Communication Skills:
• Contacts are maintained, both orally and in writing, with a wide range of people within organization. Completes simple routine reports.
• Problem Solving Skills:
• The role is carried out within a well-defined framework, but problems can arise that require the exercise of some judgment in solving them by reference to established procedures, priorities and precedents.
• Decision Making Skills
• Specific guidelines and procedures exist on what needs to be done, but there is some freedom to decide methods and priorities.
• Analytical skills:
• Good analytical skills are required to effectively assess and understand finance and accounting processes.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Professional Certificate
Job application procedure
Applicants who meet the above qualifications are encouraged to submit an application letter, copy of National Registration Card, copies of Academic and or Professional certificates together with detailed Curriculum Vitae including three (3) traceable, only suitably qualified persons need to apply 25 – 40 years and day time telephone numbers. All applications must reach the undersigned not later than Friday 1st July, 2022 before close of office.
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted. Electronic applications will not be accepted.
The human resource manager
Zambia association of sisterhoods
P.O. BOX 33752, KALUNDU
CONTACT DETAILS: +260978 410777
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.