Vacancy title: Provincial Office Manager[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Education, and Training , Category: Management ]
Jobs at:EDC (Education Development Center)
Deadline of this Job:
02 December 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, November 24, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
EDC is one of the world’s leading nonprofit research and development firms. Established in 1958, EDC designs, delivers and evaluates innovative programs to address some of the world’s most urgent challenges in education, health, and economic opportunity. Our services include research, training, educational materials, and strategy, with activities ranging from seed projects to large-scale national and international initiatives.
EDC is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
The USAID Let’s Read Zambia project is a 5-year project funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and implemented by the Education Development Center (EDC). USAID Let’s Read Zambia works to improve reading outcomes for children attending pre-primary (kindergarten) through to Grades 3 and provide professional development for teachers to support reading interventions in Zambian public and community schools.
The Provincial Office Manager (POM) will be based in Solwezi, North Western Province and will ensure effective implementation of all technical components of the project at the provincial level, establishing strong relationships with the Ministry of Education’s provincial and district education officers and other relevant stakeholders. The POM will lead a team comprising of technical and administrative project staff to ensure project objectives that support the distribution and use of teaching and learning materials; continuous professional development activities to support early grade teachers, assessments; and monitoring and evaluation are implemented and met as per the project’s approved work plan.
Essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
• Clearly articulate USAID Let’s Read Project activity to MoE provincial, district staff, school and field project staff
• Act as coordinator/focal point person with MoE provincial, district and school level staff and stakeholders
• Ensure effective quality assurance and overall integrity of the project objectives for the assigned province
• Supervise, mentor and oversee the work of technical and administrative provincial level project staff
• Provide general oversight and coordination of the implementation of all agreed activities at the provincial, district and school level as per the approved work plan.
• In collaboration with HQ Management and Technical Teams (SMT, Reading, M&E) direct the implementation and ensure compliance, quality assurance, coordination, integration , and, where applicable, sustainability of program activities at the provincial and district levels.
• Proactively assist in problem-solving/troubleshooting program delivery issues as they arise, in close coordination with other project staff
• Contribute to the design and/or completion of technical resources by serving as resource person, technical writer, or lead documenter (as may be assigned).
• Serve in any of the following technical focus areas: TLM utilization, continuous professional development, monitoring and evaluation, or sustainability.
• Lead/model EDC’s policies as it relates to diversity, equity, and accountability.
Administration and Finance
• Review, manage and approve all provincial office finance and accounting documents in line with EDC and USAID policies and procedures
• Serve as the signatory for province specific project bank account and take responsibility for withdrawals of funds and managing approved expenses/budgets
• Oversee and the use of TOM (fuel cards) and work with AFOs and drivers to produce accurate and timely monthly reports
• Supervise the management of provincial office administration, ensuring that all leases and approved contracts are monitored, tracked and obligations paid on time and accurate documentation maintained and audit ready
• Work with AFOs to prepare and submit monthly financial reports on provincial level activities; this should include accurate submission of information including back up documents as per EDC policy
• Prepare and submit monthly reports on project assets including project inventory
• Provide accurate and timely inputs to project reports and outreach and communications activities, as appropriate
• Prepare, monitor, and report on quarterly activity plans aligned with approved work plans in coordination with team, including preparing and submitting quarterly provincial reports as inputs into other project reports; identify potential issues, and recommend relevant actions to Senior Management Team (SMT)
• Other duties, as assigned.
Reporting and Organizational Relationships:
The Provincial Manager reports to the Deputy Chief of Party for Field Implementation.
Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) in education or related field.
Skills and Experience:
– A minimum of eight years’ professional experience in development projects.
– A minimum of 4 years’ demonstrated experience managing education programs is strongly preferred.
– Demonstrated experience working with government agencies, actors, and other stakeholders at the national and sub-national levels.
– Knowledge of/experience with USAID-funded projects.
– Demonstrated capacity to work effectively with teams.
– Excellent people skills at all levels, ability to work well under pressure, negotiate diplomatically, and the ability to work well in a multicultural and multi-disciplinary work environment
– Working knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel and preparing effective presentations and reports.
– Ability to travel throughout the province assigned.
– Demonstrated capacity to lead workshops, trainings, and strategic planning sessions; and
– Experience in financial management best practices is highly desired.
Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of (and proficiency in) Chinyanja, Chitonga, Silozi, Lunda, Luvale, Kiikaonde and Icibemba languages highly preferred.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.