Jobs at:Mika Meats Limited
Deadline of this Job:
19 May 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, May 05, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Title: Retail Cashier
Reporting: Butchery Or Outlet Manager
Purpose: You will be responsible for processing cash, debit, credit and check transactions using a cash register or other point-of-sale system in Butchery.
Qualifications And Personal Attributes
Minimum of a Full Grade 12 certificate, Basic Accounting Qualification, Front Office Operations, meat cutting and or a minimum of 2 years’ work experience in the meat Processing Industry or any equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform job duties may be considered.
• Previous cashiering experience in a retail environment with traceable references
• 2 years of retail experience
• Friendly and positive attitude
• Excellent customer service and communication skills
• Attention to detail
• Should have high integrity and be honest/trustworthy
• Able to coordinate multiple-tasks and manage pressure.
• Should be proactive and trainable
• Readily adjusts schedule, tasks, and priorities when necessary to meet business needs
The RETAIL CASHIER will be responsible and accountable to the Butchery or Outlet Manager for performance in the following areas:
• Their duties include balancing the cash register, making change, recording purchases, processing returns and scanning items for sale.
• Process sales transactions
• Calculate the cost of products or services
• Accept payments
• Accountable for the accuracy in reconciling sales receipts
• Calculate and return change when required by the payment method
• Maintain adequate change denominations in the cash drawer and request additional change
• Answer customer questions about products or services
• Reconcile cash drawers and sales receipts
• Report issues with equipment
• Ensure personal hygiene and follow health and safety procedures
• Maintain Company standards and merchandise.
• You will be responsible for the cleanliness of the Butchery or Outlet
What you are accountable for achieving
How will you be measured
• Stocking levels on in the displays
• Keep Butchery clean and spotless at all times
• Help Clients and need require and deal with Custom complains and suggestions of at all
• Compile Reports as required by the Finance Department
• Balance Sale Receipts all the time
• Each Mika Meats employee will ensure that all Mika Meats Health and Safety policies and procedures are adhered to within their area of operations.
• Each Mika Meats employee will assist the Business Development Manager in getting new business & maintaining existing clients
• Each Mika Meats employee will ensure that all Mika Meats Human Resources Policies and Procedures are adhered to within their area of operation
• Each Mika Meats employee is responsible for Mika Meats public relations with the clients, client’s employees, visitors, suppliers, Mika Meats is desirous to maintain a good relationship with its employees and sister Companies in the Group.
• IT Management – Mika Meats has invested in IT for all its Operations and we have various IT employees to maintain the equipment. Each Mika Employee must oversee the IT equipment in his department and ensure it follows Mika Meats IT policies and procedures at all times.
• Ensure strict adherence to the “Mika Meats Code of Ethics”.
You will perform other reasonable tasks that may be requested by your superior from time to time
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested candidates for the above position should submit their application letters and attach detailed and updated curriculum vitae before close of business hours on 10th May 2022. Submission can be done in soft copy on email email@example.com and hard copy on the address 32 Msuzi road, woodlands – Lusaka Zambia. Be informed that, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further processes.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.