Vacancy title: Retail Cashiers[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Retail , Category: Sales & Retail ]
Jobs at:Mika Meats Limited
Deadline of this Job:
27 November 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, November 17, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
REPORTS TO: BUTCHERY/ OUTLET MANAGER
You will be responsible for processing cash, debit, and credit and check transactions using a cash register or other point-of-sale system in Butchery.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The RETAIL CASHIER will be responsible and accountable to the Butchery or Outlet Manager for performance in the following areas:
• Their duties include balancing the cash register, making change, recording purchases, processing returns and scanning items for sale.
• Process sales transactions
• Calculate the cost of products or services
• Accept payments
• Accountable for the accuracy in reconciling sales receipts
• Calculate and return change when required by the payment method
• Maintain adequate change denominations in the cash drawer and request additional change
• Answer customer questions about products or services
• Reconcile cash drawers and sales receipts
• Report issues with equipment
• Ensure personal hygiene and follow health and safety procedures
• Maintain Company standards and merchandise.
• You will be responsible for the cleanliness of the Butchery or Outlet
• Friendly and positive attitude
• Excellent customer service and communication skills
• Attention to detail
• Should have high integrity and be honest/trustworthy
• Able to coordinate multiple-tasks and manage pressure.
• Should be proactive and trainable
• Readily adjusts schedule, tasks, and priorities when necessary to meet business needs
• Minimum of a Full Grade 12 certificate, Basic Accounting Qualification, Front Office Operations, meat cutting and or a minimum of 2 years’ work experience in the meat Processing Industry or any equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform job duties may be considered
• 2 years of retail experience.
• Previous cashiering experience in a retail environment with traceable references
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Professional Certificate
Job application procedure
Interested candidates who meet the criteria above are encouraged to submit their application letters, with detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of certificates, and contact details of three (3) traceable referees to:
THE HUMAN RESOURCE AND ADMINISTRATION OFFICER
MIKA CONVENTION CENTER
PLOT NO. 34 ‘A’ SUB 9 WATERFALLS MEANWOOD
OFF GREAT EAST ROAD.
Candidates are free to either submit hard copies or soft copies to the above stated address.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 27th November, 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.