Vacancy title: Senior Accountant[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Education, and Training , Category: Accounting & Finance ]
Jobs at:Rockview University
Deadline of this Job:
21 March 2023
Date Posted: Friday, March 17, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Rockview University is a Private University and based on the Higher education sub-framework of the Zambia Qualifications Framework (ZQF).
Rockview University is looking to recruit a highly skilled and professional Senior Accountant to lead the financial strategy of the Company and to provide high quality leadership to the finance team. The Senior Accountant will analyse complex financial and accounting records and ensure integrity of the information by recording, verifying and consolidating reports and oversee all company accounting operations. He/she will ensure daily accounting processes, business activities and operations as payables, receivables, expenses, receipts and disbursements are precise and efficient.
Senior Accountant Duties
1. Reporting to the Deputy Vice Chancellor (DVC)
2. Manages all accounting operational expenses as well as individual employee expenses. The senior accountant will monitor weekly/ monthly/ annual communications of the accounting department on sales and margins and tracks the expenses against allocated budget or forecast.
3. Assists with any regulatory expenses, to ensure accurate and timely compliance.
4. Prepares and reconciles the accumulation of all the business’s financial data for the accurate and timely accounting of all operations.
5. Prepares journal entries and account reconciliations for the opening of a financial period to the close and ensures that all financial records are properly maintained and in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles.
6. Tasked with the preparation and presentation of key financial reports on periodical business operations, profit, inventory, cash flow, and expenditures across the business. Assists in the preparation of the end of period supporting documentation and account analyses for end of period audit review by external auditors.
7. Prepare monthly/ weekly/ annual management financial statements and explains their variance against budget/ forecast for submission to senior management
8. Co-ordination payroll, commission payments, travel expenses for all employees, and other minor human resource matters as needed. The accountant will also liaise with both internal and external business counterparts, for example, auditors, to perform his daily roles in regard to cost control and operational expenses.
9. Perform other duties as delegated by the Deputy Vice Chancellor (DVC).
1. Highly detail oriented and organized
2. Ability to meet constant stream of deadlines
3. Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively
4. Possess solid communication, leadership, analytical and problem –solving skills
5. Familiarity with accounting software and programs, accounting standards and government legislations such as PAYE, income Tax and VAT Acts.
6. Knowledge of Surge Evolution is a must
Qualifications and Experience
1. Professional Accountancy qualification ACCA/ZICA/CIMA
2. 3-5 years hands on experience in a management role.
3. Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance is an added advantage
4. Must be a certified member of ZICA
5. Relationship Management & Team Management Managing large teams
6. Knowledge of accounting software’s and MS office
7. Business acumen with a problem-solving attitude.
8. Excellent communication skills.
9. Able to maintain confidentiality when handling company financial information
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should send their applications together with copies of educational and professional certificates, and curriculum vitae with three traceable referees to email: email@example.com
Closing date: 21st March ,2023.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.