Senior Management Accountant
Jobs at:Lumwana Mining Company Limited
Deadline of this Job:
07 May 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, May 03, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Senior Management Accountant
Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the North Western region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for an experienced and qualified individual to be considered for the position of Senior Management Accountant.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, you will be primarily responsible to oversee the management accounting function, monthly cost reporting and the forecasts/rolling plan.
Your duties will include but not limited to the following:
• Drive process of weekly cost reviews and implementation of cost initiatives to deliver on our Budget
• Drive weekly capital review meetings and reporting of capital expenditure
• Preparation of the monthly forecast/rolling plan
• Detailed monthly cost reviews with departments and reporting thereon
• Assist with the month end reporting process, including but not limited to review of key reconciliations
• Preparation of the annual site budget and leading the process
• Assist with external audit process and the preparation of the annual financial statements
Experience & Qualifications
• Grade 12 Certificate
• Degree in Accounting or its equivalent
• Professional Qualification such as ACCA / CIMA
• Member of Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants
• Minimum of 5 years post graduate experience with preferably 3 years in mining
• Requirement to have at least 2 years of experience in cost management and budgeting
• Proven ability to deliver results, high energy, and act as a positive change agent
• Advanced Excel skills to assist in managing large data sets and managing financial models
• Sound understanding and experience of the principles and practice in accounting and management
• Experience in SAP S4 Hannah, OneStream and Xeras will be an added advantage
• Zambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a Security and / or Police Clearance Check; a Competence Assessment, Qualifications, Credit and Reference Checks.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.barrick.com .
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.