Vacancy title: Short-Term Consultant – Local Field Project Coordinator for Agribusiness Advisory[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Financial Services , Category: Admin & Office ]
Jobs at:IFC - International Finance Corporation
Deadline of this Job:
05 November 2022
Date Posted: Friday, October 21, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2022, IFC committed a record $32.8 billion to private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity as economies grapple with the impacts of global compounding crises. For more information, visit www.ifc.org
IFC is seeking to contract two Individual Local Field Project Coordinators (Consultants) to provide support to the projects in Lusaka, Zambia and Lilongwe, Malawi each, under supervision of the project team leader, program coordinator and in collaboration with technical specialists leading the different components of the project.
Objective of This Assignment
The overall objective of the assignment is to ensure that the project activities are delivered on time, within budget, and with achievement of targets in the project Implementation Plan. The Consultant will regularly visit the client and target beneficiaries in the project and engage with the IFC, client and implementing partner project teams to help support implementation, supervise and monitor project timelines and targets in the implementation process.
Scope of Work
Project field coordination
• Follow-up on the day-to-day operational dialogue with the local client team, all counterparts including relevant local implementing partners, consultants, and all other relevant stakeholders, to ensure smooth and timely implementation of project activities.
• Undertake any other activities related to the implementation of the project, including carrying out regular supervision missions for all MAS components, alerting TTL and Global Program Coordinator of issues and problem solving as needed.
• Identify and promptly notify the project team of implementation risks, issues and challenges and provide advice and support in their resolution.
• Participate in meetings or events related to the project, including working with the communications team for promoting the project locally.
• Establish a strong professional relationship based on trust with the client and all other stakeholders, including sector players and staying abreast of key sector developments and keeping the project team informed.
• Support the TTL and Coordinator in preparation of semi-annual Project Supervision/Completion Report (PSR/PCR): provide inputs to the PSR/PCR document, collect all required documented evidence and ensure their quality and accuracy, follow-up all M&E indicators.
• Support the TTL and Coordinator in the organization of semi-annual Steering Committee Meeting (SCM): ensure the availability and quality of presentation/document required for the SCM.
• On an as-needed basis, provide information on the project for IFC’s internal or external communication and events such: donor’s reports, briefs for missions of World Bank Group staff, knowledge events and publications, information requests from government officials, research institutes, agribusiness companies, and similar.
The Consultant is expected to have a proven track record in managing development projects in agricultural supply chains. The Consultant should meet the following criteria:
• Masters’ degree or higher in agriculture, development, finance, economics, or a related topic.
• A minimum of 7 years’ experience of demonstrated and relevant project management experience.
• A minimum of 7 years’ experience working with agricultural cooperatives, retailers, village based agents and other relevant supply chain actors.
• Experience with gender and social inclusion integration in agricultural projects/market systems.
• Experience with business management training for farmers.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal), in both English and Bemba (Zambia)/ Chichewa (Malawi).
• Demonstrated project management, coordination and operational experience, and attention to detail.
• Demonstrated ability to learn new topics quickly.
• Ability to travel at short notice and work under pressure in difficult and remote locations.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Ability to adapt and be flexible; and to demonstrate the ability to work independently and within
a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural team.
• Strong proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point) and scheme standard databases.
• The Consultant is expected to be based in Zambia/Malawi.
The STC will primarily report to the MAS project Team Leader based in Cairo. S/he will be working under the technical guidance of the project coordinator for MAS, and in close collaboration with the pool IFC colleagues working on other components, including FIG.
The consultants will initially be contracted for 80 days which can be extended up to a maximum of 150 days from the start of the contract until June 30, 2023. The consultant will be based in Zambia/Malawi. Field activities will primarily be conducted in French. Some farmer outreach may be conducted in local languages.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 84
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume/CV via email to: email@example.com
World Bank Group Core Competencies
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.