Tax Accountant – Domestic Taxes (x2)
Jobs at:Zambeef Products Plc
Deadline of this Job:
25 February 2022
Date Posted: Friday, February 18, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Maintain a monthly tax compliance score card and schedule of tax payments for the business.
• Prepare corporate income tax computations and returns, both provisional and annual for reporting and compliance purposes for all the group entities.
• Prepare monthly output and input VAT workings and onward submission of tax returns to the Revenue
• Authority, including performing all necessary revenue and purchases reconciliations to ensure completeness of tax declarations and payments.
• Prepare all WHT workings and submission of returns, including all general ledger reconciliations to ensure accuracy and completeness of tax declarations and payments.
• Review monthly PAYE reconciliations done by payroll to ensure completeness of declaration of staff costs in the payroll and general ledger or trial balance.
• Prepare monthly tax journals for domestic taxes, and ensure all general ledger tax accounts are agreed to tax workings and returns filings, with any variances clearly explained or resolved.
• Prepare all general ledger reconciliations consistent with internal controls and procedures.
• To ensure that all the tax accounts statements are reconciled and agreed with the Revenue Authority.
• To ensure that all tax workings, returns and payments are reviewed and approved by the Group Tax
• Manager, and retained for the period provided in our tax legislation.
• Assist in updating tax procedures to incorporate changes in the tax legislation that affect the business.
• Degree in Accountancy or Part/ Full ACCA, CIMA, ZICA or Equivalent.
• A member of ZICA.
• At least 5 years accounting and tax experience.
• Good working knowledge and practical experience of tax reporting and compliance within the business environment.
• Good understanding of the taxation framework and control environment.
• Ability to prioritise, manage complexity and deal with multiple stakeholders.
• Strong analytical and diagnostic skills
• Excellent communication skills at all levels.
• Good understanding of global and domestic economic trends.
• Ability to work to tight deadlines without compromising quality
• Strong team player with good interpersonal, negotiation and influencing skills. Ability
• to influence senior management across the business.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Candidates meeting the above criteria should submit hand written letters, with detailed Curriculum Vitae and copies of certificates and contact details of three (3) referees and should be addressed to:
THE HR OPERATIONS MANAGER
Zambeef Products PLC
P/B 17, Woodlands
NB. Zambeef Products PLC values gender diversity in the recruitment process as we promote gender equality.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 25rd February, 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.