Deadline of this Job:
Friday, March 31 2023
Date Posted:Friday, March 31 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
To ensure tax compliance with the statutory requirements by preparation and filing of tax returns, identification and mitigation of tax risks, advising internal stakeholders on matters of taxation and handling tax queries, enquiries, audits and accurate tax provisions.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES ARE:
1) Tax Process Management
• Preparation of computations for Corporation Income Tax (CIT), Withholding Tax (WHT), Value Added Tax (VAT), Excise Duty and Employment Taxes (PAYE).
• Response preparation to tax queries arising from filing of tax returns including conduct of tax accounts reconciliations to ensure that records are up to date with the Zambia Revenue Authority (ZRA).
2) Tax Risk and Management
• Identify current and potential tax risks in the country, advising the strategy against each risk and tracking the strategy implementation thereof.
• Review of key business transactions and ensuring the required documentation for tax purposes is maintained at all times.
3) Tax Audit
• Timely resolution of tax audit issues.
• Act as an audit SPOC as and when there is an audit
• Compilation of all Month End HQ Reporting Requirements (DTRs, ICOFR etc.)
• Monthly analysis of movements in each tax type and provide detailed explanations of the movements in each tax type.
Educational Qualifications & Functional / Technical Skills:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Economics, Business Administration or Final stage of ACCA, CIMA, ZICA or equivalent.
• Diploma in Taxation will be added advantage.
• Minimum of five (5) years of Tax practice experience and knowledge of the Zambian Tax laws and regulations.
COMPETENCIES REQUIRED FOR THE POST
• Strong financial and analytical skills.
• Excellent report writing skill.
• Excellent excel skills.
• Relationship management and Good interpersonal skills.
• Must be a member of the Zambian Institute of Chartered Accountants.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Suitable candidates are requested to apply by sending through their CV’s to firstname.lastname@example.org
Airtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is non-discriminatory on the basis of race, gender, disability, ethnic grouping.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.