USAID-SDHP District DREAMS Officer
Jobs at:Young Women's Christian Association (YWCA)
Deadline of this Job:
03 December 2021
Date Posted: Thursday, December 02, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
USAID-SDHP District DREAMS Officer
Reports to National DREAMS Coordinator, with technical support of/dotted line to the Project Coordinator. The incumbent will provide technical support to DREAMS Site Coordinators for implementation of DREAMS and its components to reduce AGYW vulnerability to HIV, unwanted pregnancy and SGBV in the DREAMS districts, and work closely with stakeholders at community and district level. The District DREAMS Officer will implement and manage directly the parenting program in DREAMS.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Oversees implementation of DREAMS and its parenting program components in the target district
• Responsible for quality service delivery and implementation of all DREAMS service layers (mental health, clinical services, digital literacy, referrals)
• Directly supervise parenting program facilitators including on site monitoring and technical support
• Works closely with the economic strengthening officer to ensure all ES activities are implemented. This includes vocational skills training, monitoring of savings groups, monitoring of business start-up and linkages of AGYW to job opportunities
• Works closely with the M&E unit to monitor all DREAMS activities and review and analyze data routinely
• Coordinates with other partners implementing activities similar to DREAMS
• Act as the focal point person between the project and line ministries in terms of project updates, commodity supply, commemoration days and any other commitments as assigned
• Provides overall support in the implementation of additional DREAMS services/layers that may be introduced during the period of implementation
• Supports designing of a safe space model to be utilized to provide services to adolescent girls and young women in the districts
• Supports and manage the implementation of DREAMS plans and budgets and ensure alignment with overall DREAMS objectives and operational guidelines
• In collaboration with the HPTO, works with District and Community stakeholders including health facilities in DREAMS Districts to ensure coordination with other programs and stakeholders.
• Supports sub partners in the day-to-day management and implementation of the DREAMS interventions at District level.
• Ensuring that DREAMS all DREAM operate within the stipulated time.
• Degree in Gender, Public Health, Social and/or Behavioural Sciences or a related field, with specific emphasis on community-level health promotion and/or education.
• Training and knowledge in community HIV/AIDS prevention and working with Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW).
• Experience in gender and gender-based violence programming.
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in NGO and HIV environment.
• A strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in high profile, fast-paces environment.
• Ability to communicate (verbally and in writing) technical issues effectively and persuasively.
• Fluency in the local language and English for day-to-day communication.
• Ability to use MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Suitably qualified candidates are invited to apply; however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please email application letter and detailed CV with day-time telephone number(s) to: The Executive Director, P.O. Box 50015, Plot 7391, Nationalist Road, Lusaka. Email to: Ywcanationalrecruitment21@gmail.com by COB Friday 3rd December 2021.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.