Zambia Accounting and Administration Specialist
Jobs at:Land O'Lakes Venture37
Deadline of this Job:
Thursday, October 19 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, October 05 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• The Accounting and Administration Specialist is responsible for the effective and efficient management of finance and accounting, human resources (HR), and administrative functions in the Zambia office. This involves providing financial oversight to Venture37 projects based in Zambia. This position will perform the accounting, financial reporting, and administrative functions and will closely liaise with home office program management, HR, and finance teams to ensure program compliance with Venture37 and funding agreement rules and regulations. The position will be based in Lusaka, Zambia.
• Ensure all accounting transactions for the project are properly supported, documented, and are recorded in the accounting system timely and accurately.
• Ensure transactions are accurately entered into the Accounting System and prepare accurate accounting reports, including balance sheet reconciliations.
• Ensure local payroll and all related taxes are calculated and processed/paid in a timely and accurate manner and ensure that changes to salaries or supplemental payments are supported by appropriate documentation.
• Ensure accurate and timely project financial reports are prepared as required by Venture37 Finance and Accounting policies and donor rules and regulations.
• Monitor program spending by reviewing the monthly project status reports and other management reports for accuracy, impact, and potential adjustments.
• Ensure all administrative office management functions including procurement, obtaining and managing service provision, human resources, and managing office assets.
• Support employee lifecycle management, including recruitment, onboarding, performance management, development and separation and serve as point of contact for HQHR in Zambia.
• Work with project management to prepare annual budgets.
• Ensure compliance with all Venture37 and donor financial and operational policies.
• Maintain strong internal control environment to safeguard organization assets.
• Support Poultry Business Services Manager and HQ-based Program Management Team in forecasting, awarding, and monitoring grants to Rwandan entities in compliance with Venture37’s policies
• Coordinate all necessary audits, statutory requirements, and financial enquiries from USAID, the Government of Zambia and home office; including tax reporting as required by local law.
• Ensure registration requirements are met each year and registration renewal is documented; and
• Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Reporting & Supervision:
This position reports to the Zambia CORE Program Manager.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
• A university degree in finance, accounting, or business administration
• Accounting certification(s)
• Minimum of 5 years in a relevant accounting and financial management role in donor funded program
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in HR or people management
• Accounting software user experience
• Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint,
• Previous experience in managing U.S. Government cooperative agreements and/or contracts
• Excellent analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills to ensure sound decision making
• Team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Professional proficiency in English
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
• Experience with donor funded subawards and/or grants under contract
• Land O’Lakes Venture37 will never ask you for personable identifiable information, and we will never request money or payment during the recruitment or employment process.
• Land O’Lakes Venture37 is an equal opportunity employer and an organization striving to help global communities thrive through agriculture. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors. Our culture values a diversity of voices. So, bring us your unique experiences, your workstyle, and your dreams — they’ll only make us stronger.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.